My anxiety is preventing me from making friends

My anxiety is bad enough that I go to therapy weekly and go to social-group to learn social skills. When I was younger, I made friends real easily and then I was kicked from all my life long friend groups because they got bored of me, I developed anxiety during the years I was alone and isolated from the other kids. However, in my time of isolation I came to grasp a semi-religious life and I nearly drowned myself in apologetics and saint quotes to keep myself company. I am a lot better then I was then but now when ever I start to form friendships, I end up boring the person or not speaking enough because I haven’t hung out with anyone in 7going on 8 years, (No birthday parties, play-dates, sleep-overs, etc). I don’t know how to be fun anymore. I can manage to make friendships that, at the longest, last about 2-3 months. It really stinks because my cousins and siblings make fun of the fact I don’t have friends and that I am “basically a hermit who spends everyday with my grandmother” (who is religious too). I already know about Saint Dymphna, and that God tells us not to worry, yet I still fall short in what I try to accomplish in my social life. My family says clearly I am lonely and that doesn’t help knowing I look like a dork when i talk to people because its hard for me to make eye-contact. I just wanted to talk to someone right now. If I had friends Id tell them all this, but alas, here I am on the internet like a weeb. So yeah…

(***BTW: I have dating topics on my profile because its my dream that one day I will be normal and find someone I can love and hopefully, go to heaven with. Yet I can even make friends. Pathetic, huh?***).

What grade or age?

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations, Through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

May the Lord help you find the courage and strength to beat your anxiety…

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be…

Have you ever thought of becoming a Nun? Serious question.

God bless.

I know what you mean. I have anxiety too and have always struggled to socialize and make friends.

I promise I will pray for you.

I’m praying for you. May the Lord heal you of anxiety and may He grant you confidence to make new friends.

Hail Mary
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary ,
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

Praying for your needs…
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, Fatima, Amen…

Prayer for Peace of Mind

Fortify me with the grace of Your Holy Spirit,
and give Your peace to my soul
that I may be free from all needless anxiety,
solicitude, and worry. Help me to desire always
that which is pleasing and acceptable
to You so that Your will may be my will.
Through Christ Our Lord, amen.

– St. Frances Xavier Cabrini

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayer to Our Lady of Mental Peace

O Lady of Mental Peace,
Mother of Tranquility
and Mother of Hope,
look upon Maggie_the_Catholic in this time
of weakness and unrest.

Teach her searching heart
to know that God’s Love
for her is unchanging and
unchangeable, and, that
true human love can only
begin and grow by touching
His Love.

Let your gentle Peace -
which this world cannot give

• be always with her.
    And, help her to bring this
    same Peace into the lives
    of others.

Our Lady of Mental Peace,

• Pray for us!
    Amen.

Jesus, Help Me!

In every need let me come to You with humble trust,
saying:
Jesus, help me!
In all my doubts, perplexities, and temptations:
Jesus, help me!
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials:
Jesus, help me!
In the failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments,
troubles and sorrows:
Jesus, help me!
When others fail me, and Your Grace alone can assist me:
Jesus, help me!
When I throw myself on Your tender Love as Savior:
Jesus, help me!
When my heart is cast down by failure, at seeing no good
come from my efforts:
Jesus, help me!
When I feel impatient, and my cross irritates me:
Jesus, help me!
When I am ill, and my head and hands cannot work and
I am lonely:
Jesus, help me!

Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls and short-
comings of every kind:
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, help me and never forsake me!

Amen

From 3rd grade to softmore year (now).

Thank you.

I’m praying for you. It’s difficult enough - especially at your age - to “put yourself out there” and make and maintain connections.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.