My boyfriend and i

We are having a difficult time right now…I don’t know how to explain it, but apparently he’s having some doubts about us. At first, while we were talking, I was just so stunned, I didn’t know what to say…confused, but the moment we got off the phone I was in tears…everything he said just sort of hit me hard. We’re sort of taking a “time out” I guess…God’s will, I know; if it’s His will everything will work out, and if it’s not, it won’t. He says he’s not breaking up with me, that we just need some time to think things through…that’s the classic “nice” breakup, but I do believe him. If he were breaking up with me, I have no doubt that he would’ve said it. But still, it feels like a breakup, and I just feel so hurt and alone right now. Please pray for our discernment.

For God’s most perfect will to be done-
Also for blessings to come your way-

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Sometimes, no matter how ‘honorable’ and ‘nice’ some guys are or even mean to be, they just never pick up the relationship again and in that process never tell you that it’s over. Some hope that their ‘silence’ speaks for them as they try to circumvent an uncomfortable breakup and tears.

I speak from experience. I had a similar experience from a guy that I would never have suspected would act this way.

So, my advice? Don’t enable the silence if this continues over a longer than usual period (two months tops – you don’t need more time than that without communicating something). Make him tell you where you stand so that if this is a breakup, you’ll know what it is as soon as possible so you can deal with it, mourn it properly, and ultimately heal and move on with your life.

Sometimes guys think that by saying nothing it’s better when in actuality it’s the most excruciatingly painful experience to be discarded without even being valued enough to be told that it’s over.

May God be with you during this time of discernment. I’ll be praying for you! :signofcross:

Dear Lord, grant this couple discernment and true love for each other as friends and even as special boy friend and girl friend, if this is what they desire. I pray your will be done and may your will be what is best for this good though suffering woman who still loves her boyfriend, who I’m sure still loves her. Whether they will remain as a couple or just as friends is known to you alone, o Lord, but I pray that this couple will be a match, as this woman still has loving feelings for her boyfriend. I ask this in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Praying very hard for your happiness and God’s will be done!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death. Amen

:grouphug: Why would he do this by phone, unless he lives and works elsewhere?
It’s not courteous or loving or courageous to break up, even temporarily, with anyone by phone or text message. Unless he works and lives at a distance it isn’t right to dump something like this on a person who loves you. As he may not have treated you with love and respect in this, but does intend this as breakup and his decison is actually made, I ask the Lord that this man won’t keep you in the torment of uncertaintly, so you’re not bleeding emotionally unnecessarily . It’s hard enough to bear loss of someone you love without the agony of false hope.

**Loving Father, please heal Your daughter of the shock and grief following this phone call, and please protect her from false hope that wears a person down.
If this man does intend to end the relationship quietly by default, please give him grace to be honest.
If he is genuinely uncertain, please give him the graces to make the decision that You would wish as soon as possible so that our sister can move either to the nest stage of grief and towards healing, or to relief and happiness.

Father, I ask these things in the name of Your Son Jesus**

Praying for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.