My brother has to decide between his wife or unborn baby

Hello All,

I am asking for prayers for my older brother Thomas and my sis in law Iris. She is 7 months pregnant now, and has had a normal pregnancy so far. Iris has had 2 surgeries to fix a problem she had with her uterus. On Monday the doctor told my brother that the surgery Iris had in the past can reopen because of the baby kicking or the baby weight, so that can put Iris in danger of losing the baby or losing her own life. My brother is worried because he never would have thought he would have to choose between his wife or unborn baby. Please I ask for all the prayers that Iris and the baby make it alive and well. She is scheduled for a C-Section on March 27th but things can be moved up anytime.

Thank you all, God Bless

Gladys :crossrc: :angel1:

I’m praying for the intercession of St. Gianna.

Praying for your intentions through the intersession of Good St. Anne.

Praying for the health of your friend’s mother and child.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for your brother, his wife and their unborn baby.

Praying :gopray2:

Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

In Jesus’ name, Father, please protect both mother and child and grant them both health and life. Mother Mary please pray for them both.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Dear God,

In honor of my uncle and my late grandmother, for whom my grandfather had some nuns pray and told the doctor “SAVE THEM BOTH !!!” … and both mother and child survived … Dear Lord, Save Them Both!

~~ the phoenix

Also asking for the intercession of St Gianna:

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

St. Gerard… Please intercede for us and have this mother and baby both be safe with no problems. Jesus hear our cries, Blessed Mother, wrap your mantle around this mother and child and help them out.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

**Prayer for Motherhood
**O good St Gerard, powerful intercessor before God and wonder worker of our day, confidently I call upon you and seek your aid. On Earth you always fulfilled God’s designs, help me now to do the holy will of God. Implore the Master of Life, from whom all paternity proceeds, to render me fruitful in offspring, that I may raise up children to God in this life, and in the world to come, heirs to the Kingdom of His Glory.
Amen.

**Prayer for a Safe Delivery
**O great Saint Gerard, beloved servant of Jesus Christ, perfect imitator of your meek and humble Savior, and devoted child of Mother of God, enkindle within my heart one spark of that heavenly fire of charity which glowed in your heart and made you an angel of love.
O glorious Saint Gerard, because when falsely accused of crime, you did bear, like your Divine Master, without murmur or complaint, the calumnies of wicked men, you have been raised up by God as the patron and protector of expectant mothers.
Preserve me from danger and from the excessive pains accompanying childbirth, and shield the child which I now carry, that it may see the light of day and receive the purifying and life-giving waters of baptism through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen.

Thanks for posting these prayers.

Praying for Gladys brother, wife, and child…Amen…

Praying very hard for them!

Thank you all for all the prayers! This is a very hard time on the family, but I know with faith anything can happen :slight_smile:

:blessyou:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.