My cancer was cured by power of prayer, says former Miss Ireland Rachelle Liggett - Belfast Telegraph

A former Miss Ireland has spoken of her belief that she was cured of cancer through the power of prayer.

A story in the Belfast Telegraph about the recovery of schoolboy Josh Martin prompted model Rachelle Liggett to reveal her own past experience and how she had escaped the clutches of the disease to lead a normal life.

Rachelle is now 25, but when only 10 she was diagnosed with a severe strain of leukaemia.

She said: "On February 7, 2001, at 10 years old, I was diagnosed with an acute form of leukaemia, cancer of the blood.

"Mine was an acute form, meaning the condition progressed rapidly and aggressively.

She believes it was “through the power of prayer and God’s will that I am here today”.

Rachelle recovered from the disease to gain a teaching degree.

belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/health/my-cancer-was-cured-by-power-of-prayer-says-former-miss-ireland-rachelle-liggett-34274910.html

While the Church says that there is miracles thanks to the intersession of Saints would this be the same as those miracles. There has been a response from a local Atheist group calling this type of statement dangerous.

Of course they find it dangerous. It might lead more people to realize the power of prayer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.