My certificate states baptized and confirmed

I’m newly returned to the Catholic Church and as part of RCIA prep for the sacraments I contacted the parish my parents attended when I was a child and received my certificate of baptism which states Baptized and Confirmed according to the Greek rite of the Catholic Church. Where do I stand on the sacraments. I’m not in any kind of rush and am enjoying the RCIA process but I’m curious.

You are already fully initiated into the Catholic Church. You have received the sacraments of baptism and confirmation and they cannot be repeated. You have also probably received your first communion as well as an infant as this is the norm in the Greek Catholic Churches.
You are also most likely a canonical member of the Eastern Catholic Church in which you were baptized and bound by the fasting / holy days of obligations of that Church. I would make an appointment with your priest.

If you go through with wanting to be received in The Roman church the senior pastor will have to get permission from a Greek bishop I believe. I’m not sure if it would have to be the one you live closest to now or the one in the area where you were baptised and confirmed. Then you will receive welcoming in a special mini cerimony at Easter vigil. Very cool stuff.

Thank you so much for your help. I’ll make an appointment now.

The Eastern Churches typically do Baptism, Chrismation(Confirmation), and first Communion of infants at the same time. There is no reason that you cannot attend the RCIA classes to learn the faith. You can attend Mass and receive the Eucharist at any Catholic Church. You can ask to transfer rites if you wish.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.