My Cousin Aaron

Hello All…

I know we disagree on a lot of things but I and my family need your prayers.

My cousin Aaron (34) collapsed last Tuesday from a stroke brought on by a blood clot in his brain. He was exercising on the treadmill when this happened and was lucky enough to have a buddy nearby to call an ambulance. Aaron is in the medical field in the Army and was on base when this happened. He has been on a rollercoaster in regards to his healing. One minute he is doing well and doctors are optimistic and the next he is unresponsive and things do not look so good. Last night Aaron was put on a ventilator because it has come to a point where he cannot breathe on his own. We are all very concerned.

A little about Aaron…
Like I said, Aaron is in the medical field in the United States Army. He is a strong christian man who loves God very much. He has seen a real need in the Army for people to help the soldiers who have been overseas in Iraq deal with what they have experienced. They say it’s worse than Vietnam because soldiers are having to make multiple trips to the war over there. This is Aaron’s main focus. He wants to bring God into those hospital rooms. I think Satan is attacking Aaron because he KNOWS what an impact Aaron will be.

Aaron has a wife and young children so his recovery is that much more important. His mom and dad of course are worried as are his sisters Kim and Debbie and his twin brother Darren. (Darren, thank the Lord, made it back from Iraq ok. He is on leave to be with his brother right now.)

Thank you all for your prayers… I KNOW that they will help!

[quote=Singinbeauty]Hello All…

My cousin Aaron (34) collapsed last Tuesday from a stroke brought on by a blood clot in his brain. He was exercising on the treadmill when this happened and was lucky enough to have a buddy nearby to call an ambulance. Aaron is in the medical field in the Army and was on base when this happened. He has been on a rollercoaster in regards to his healing. One minute he is doing well and doctors are optimistic and the next he is unresponsive and things do not look so good. Last night Aaron was put on a ventilator because it has come to a point where he cannot breathe on his own. We are all very concerned.

A little about Aaron…
Like I said, Aaron is in the medical field in the United States Army. He is a strong christian man who loves God very much. He has seen a real need in the Army for people to help the soldiers who have been overseas in Iraq deal with what they have experienced. They say it’s worse than Vietnam because soldiers are having to make multiple trips to the war over there. This is Aaron’s main focus. He wants to bring God into those hospital rooms. I think Satan is attacking Aaron because he KNOWS what an impact Aaron will be.

Aaron has a wife and young children so his recovery is that much more important. His mom and dad of course are worried as are his sisters Kim and Debbie and his twin brother Darren. (Darren, thank the Lord, made it back from Iraq ok. He is on leave to be with his brother right now.)

[/quote]

Hi Singinbeauty
I have just prayed and will continue to pray for Aaron.
Thanks

praying for your cousin :gopray:

Prayer ascending. One thing for sure: the VA medical system is as good as it gets. He’ll receive excellent care.

[quote=Singinbeauty]Hello All…

A little about Aaron…

[/quote]

Singin,
Aaron will be in my prayers today and I’ll unite with him in prayer tonite at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. God bless you.

I’m praying too.
joeysmom

God’s will be done…

:slight_smile:

I will add my prayers

I’ll be praying…

My family and I will be praying for Aaron tonight in our prayers.

God Bless
Scylla

We could begin a Rosary or Divine Mercy Chaplet for him.

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, Our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified; died, and was buried. He descended into Hell; the third day He arose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven, sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.

(Decade 1)

On the large bead before each decade:
Eternal Father,
I offer you the Body and Blood,
Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son,
Our Lord, Jesus Christ,
in atonement for our sins
and those of the whole world.

On the ten small beads of each decade, say:
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion,
have mercy on us and on the whole world.

For those who are not familiar with this prayer, here’s a link:
The Divine Mercy Chaplet

Know that he is in my prayers as well SinginBeauty.
Pax tecum,

Prayers sent.

We are at ‘Red Alert’ people… baton down the hatches and get on your knees if you can… I implore you… My cousin Aaron’s brain shut down this morning and there is a danger of cardiac arrest. I don’t yet know the details but I am very worried. I don’t know how he is doing so please join me in prayer that God’s will is done and that there is peace no matter the outcome. Thank you for your prayers so far!

~edited for new info… Aaron HAS NOT gone into cardiac arrest but there is a danger that he will because his brain has shut down due to the swelling coming back.~

Aaron is in my prayers. Please keep us up to date!

I’ll keep your cousin in my prayers.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I am sad to report that Aaron passed away today. I don’t have many details but I will keep you all posted. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers. He leaves behind his wife Milly and their three young children.

Sing,

I am sorry to hear about your cousin. I will remember him and your family in my prayers tonight.

May the peace of the Holy Spirit be upon you and your family.

-ACEGC

[quote=Singinbeauty]Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. I am sad to report that Aaron passed away today. I don’t have many details but I will keep you all posted. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers. He leaves behind his wife Milly and their three young children.
[/quote]

Singin’ I’m so very very sorry. Aaron is in Jesus’ arms now! Praise God for that. We’ll keep the prayers coming for Milly and kids.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him, may his soul and the soul’s of all the faithful departed, rest in peace, amen
Will continue praying for his soul, and your family and his wife and children.
Eternal Father…Have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon him, may his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, rest in peace, amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.