My cousin was murdered

i just found out my cousin was killed by her abusive husband. please pray for her soul and for her surviving family.

also, there are so many prayer requests on here, and typing takes time so i don’t expect everyone to post a response, but just ask that maybe you keep her and our family in your prayers at night.

thank you.

jen

This post disturbs me to the core. I am so sorry Jen.

I’m so sorry :frowning: prayers…

I will keep your entire family in my prayers. I am very sorry for your loss.

Oh, Jen, I’m so sorry. Praying for her family and you and for all those who are victims and abusers.

Lord have mercy. I don’t know what to say, but be assured that you and your entire family will have a special place in my prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

I’m so sorry, Jen. I pray that our Lord will work in this situation to bring good out of it. I pray that your cousin is with Jesus now at peace; that her abusive husband repents and seeks forgiveness; that you and the rest of Jen’s family find comfort in prayer, the reception of the Blessed Sacrament, and in each other’s company. Amen.

Praying for your cousin,May our Lord have mercy on her and praying for your family.

Prayers for your cousin and your entire family. How awful :frowning:

I’ll dedicate a Rosary to your cousin today for your intentions. I am so sorry. :frowning:

thank you all so much. i just sat in my church and said a rosary, but my mind was all over the place and i just can’t think straight. i don’t even feel like i prayed at all.

you are all very kind people.

i also wanted to say that this is another one of those reminders where we really need to be more aware of people’s demeanor. sometimes when someone seems exhausted there is some very heavy emotional stress going on. we should make a point to tell people that we are always there to listen because most people don’t want to burden others when everyone seems to have so much to deal with on their own. and there are those that just keep everything bottled in. i don’t know… i’m rambling, but take the time to befriend someone that might be in trouble.

and please don’t EVER call anyone paranoid for being fearful of someone. there are far too many unstable and evil people in this world and it seems like their numbers are growing.

Oh most precious Jesus take thie beautiful soul in your arms to heaven and I pray for her family that they may have faith and understanding and comfort in this most difficult time. May your holy presence always be with them.
Glory be to the Father and the Son and in Jesus Christ

Amen

I am very sorry to hear about this. Thinking of you all now.

LORD Jesus
Have Mercy on ur daughter

So very sorry for your loss. Praying for you.

I am so very sorry for the tragic loss of your cousin

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord. And may Your Perpetual Light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

May Your love be upon us O Lord as we place al our hope in You

Our Father who art in heaven
hallowed be thy name
thy kingdom come
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven
give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil
Amen

I have family friends whose mother was killed by their father some years ago. God be with all of you in this traumatic and difficult time.

My Mass today, and future prayers, will be offered for the repose of your cousin’s soul and for everyone affected by her loss. :gopray:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.