My Da really needs Your prayer

Hi guys…

I’m fairly new to the forums…I was wondering if you would say just a little prayer for my Dad.

Background: He is a father of eight, I’m the youngest. We live in Dublin, Ireland. He has fought strokes, Seizures had a huge operation for an Aortic Aneurysm…which he survived and he also has been living with Prostate Cancer… He is the most splendid unsupposing awl pet you could ever come across…A real man’s man, dependable and strong…He is the best father anybody could ever wish for…and he worked so hard for us…

On Monday of this week he was brought into hospital with severe pneumonia…he got “Prayers for the Sick”…by a priest who said he doesn’t do “last rites”…He was very very low…and hospital staff prepared us for the worst basically…We thought he would fade away that day.

After he received the prayers he called each and every one of us “by name” (something he hasn’t been too sure of, even though he knows us…he can get confused sometimes) around the bed…told my Mam she was the “love of his life…” and actually started to fight…He astounded the Doctors by “coming to…and being alert…”…so to speak…

Anyway, we were all called down today to make the decision about rescuscitation should his heart give out fighting this pneumonia, which they say is a possibility…My mam made the decision having seen just how much the man has had to go through…She thought it would be unfair on him, the same as the doctors recommended…( While he is still quite ill, he has always kept his personality, and is a very private man who has gone through the absolute mill with prodding and poking and pulling…Tubes you name it, he has them on him at the moment )

Anyway (again …Sorry such a long story, I think it’s helping me just writing it down…

Please, please say a prayer for this man (nobody could help but love him if they met him, he is an adorable awl pet ) or send your Guardian Angel to him in his hour of need that he is in no pain and that he “recovers” as much as possible! He is fighting!!! of course if it’s God’s will…that he doesn’t suffer…and is led home peacefully…I love him so much…

Thanks…and I’m sorry for such a long post…XX

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

My goodness Wolfgang…What a quick response. Thankyou so much

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Prayed for your dad He’s fortunate too to have such a loving child.

Thank you so much…

I really am grateful…I’ve been keeping a vigil…

I think sometimes that prayers from people who hardly or really don’t know you at all mean so much.

Ta guys…X There is such power in prayer, I should know mine have been answered so many many times…

It’s all hours almost one in the morning here…I don’t know when I could get the call…I’m just praying and saying the “sacred heart of Jesus…I place all my trust in you…”…

and, at this hour it means more to me in the real sense than it ever ever did before…

I trust in Jesus…one way or the other…!

:signofcross:
Prayer to Our Lady of Perpetual Help

O Mother of Perpetual Help,
grant that we may ever invoke thy most powerful name,
which is the safeguard of the living
and the salvation of the dying.
O Purest Mary, O Sweetest Mary,
let thy name henceforth be ever on our lips.
Delay not, O Blessed Lady,
to help us whenever we call on thee,
for, in all our needs, in all our temptations
we shall never cease to call on thee,
ever repeating thy sacred name, Mary, Mary.
_______
"Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth
as it is in heaven."

Matthew 6:10
:bible1:
[RIGHT]. . . all for Jesus+[/RIGHT]

amen

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of death.
Amen.

You are welcome and you are in my prayers too.

You are welcome. You are in my prayers too.

Sending your dad my guardian angel …

:angel1:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

My eyes were full of tears by the time I had read your post, after you heartfelt request full of love and pride in your Dad. It’s how we all feel about our Dad, and I’m one of nine.
Be sure I’ll be talking to Jesus about him, and you all, and I’ll be praying for your Dad and your family at the weekend’s Masses.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Praying for your father …

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Praying for your Dad and your entire family

i know it hurts so much seeing someone, who has loved and cared for you all you’re life, suffering so much and knowing there is nothing you can do, that is so hard. He sounds like one of life’s gentlemen which are few and far between.I will keep him in my prayers

I pray that you may have some more time with him. I also pray that the whole family is ready to accept God’s will. Three Hail Mary and one Our Father for your intention.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Praying…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.