My dad and grandma took advantage of me should i sue them for this

here is my problem we went shopping at the bay city mall and my older sister took me shopping and my grandma and my dad took my neice and nephew shopping and spoiled them and i went shopping with my sister for clothes and i think my sister took adavntage of me too what do you think i feel like taking this case to court for this

Took advantage of you how? Also, how old are you?

How would you think this would be somehow able to be brought to a lawyer for a lawsuit??? You got ripped off because your dad spent money on your niece and nephew? And you didn’t get your share of the goods? Good luck with a lawsuit. Lawyers like to be paid, and what do you have to pay one with?

I should sue you for punctuation.

Im suing Apollos for stealing my joke.

I am suing you for wasting 2 minutes of my life reading this stupid thread...time I can't get back!

I'm not sure if there is a minimum age for posting on this site, but it does seem that you are younger than most of the other posters here because of the subject of the post and what you have said about suing your Dad and Grandma.

Maybe they wanted to do something special for two children they don't see very often or who may not have as much as some others. Think about this a little and maybe you won't feel so angry, and then maybe you could talk to your Dad or Grandma and tell them that you felt left out. I'm sure they will tell you that they never meant for that to happen.

Sounds like it was probably good for you.

[quote="avemaria2010, post:1, topic:223878"]
here is my problem we went shopping at the bay city mall and my older sister took me shopping and my grandma and my dad took my neice and nephew shopping and spoiled them and i went shopping with my sister for clothes and i think my sister took adavntage of me too what do you think i feel like taking this case to court for this

[/quote]

in order to win a civil law suit you have to prove that you suffered actual harm, either you have a written contract that was broken, you suffered injury through someone's negligence, you were harmed by libel or slander, etc. and it has to be harm that can be quantified in some way. most jurisdictions have a small claims court where you can sue for amounts less than, say, $3000 for example, but for anything larger you will have to hire a lawyer--not cheap. Even if you file a suit in small claims court it will be thrown out, and you could be found in contempts and even fined if the judge decides the claim was frivolous or filed simply to be vindictive. Better think twice. Especially since you have not suffered in any way except your selfish demands have not been met.

Why not reflect on the sins of greed and envy, and pray to be preserved from them. Thank God for what you do have from your parents, for the gift of family, and rejoice in the good fortune of those who have received gifts fro your dad.

I think you have been given an opportunity by the Lord to forgive.
Leave the vengence for Him and pray that you can forgive and be more humble.

Secular world shouts "TAKE EM TO COURT!! GET LOTS OF MONEY"

God COMMANDS forgive, let it go, pray for them, and move on

Where is the Lord in your life, really? Beyond lip service, where is the Lord?
Just something to think and pray about.

You want to sue your father and grandmother for generosity? With an attitude like that, next year you will be left at home.

You need to reevaluate your priorities. You say that you’re 18 but it sounds like you need to do some growing up. You have no grounds for a lawsuit.

You sound like a grinch.

It is very unclear from your post what the actual problem is. How would your nieces and nephews getting gifts count as your sister, your dad, and your grandmother taking advantage of you? You said you recieved clothes - don't they count as gifts too? Anyone age 13 and older is going to prefer clothes over the toys your nieces recieved, and considering that 13 is legal minimum age a person can post online without needing a parent's permission I really hope that's at least how old you are....

Quite apart from the fact that the actual issue is very unclear, this is NOT a legal helpline or a legal advice forum - most of us aren’t qualified lawyers, for starters. It is against forum policy to give professional advice, such as medical or legal or financial advice, on these forums.

If you want legal advice (and advice about whether you could potentially sue anyone IS legal advice) contact a qualified lawyer - many lawyers offer a free first consultation, or if not there are often what in my area are called community legal centres that make a point of giving free or cheap legal advice.

awww lil girl have big heart they are just ur niece n nephew

SequelMed provides Healthcare solutions like EHR and EMR

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.