My Dad needs prayer!

Peace!

My brother sent me the following email yesterday (family stuff clipped out)

Dad is in a nursing home for now, until I can get him down to South Carolina. He will still have to be in some kind of care facility, Ann and I cannot stay with him 24/7 to ensure he doesn’t hurt himself.

That being said, I am going home on Thursday, Ann called me and said that Dad had contracted a virus and was dehydrated from vomiting and diarrhea. The home sent him to the VA hospital to be seen by a doctor and was admitted for a few days. Ann said he was delerious and combative to the nurses. That behavior is a side effect of dehydration. The doctor said he can probably leave the hospital before the weekend. However, I feel it is best that I go and see for myself how he is doing.

I doubt if anything is seriously wrong but I will let you know if anything were to happen.

My Dad, George is 88, almost 89. My brother John and his wife Ann need your prayers too. Also pray for the nursing staff where my dad is, as he can be a handful and a half when he gets going.

Please place all of them on your permanent prayer list.

Praying for your intentions. From what you described it sounds very much like my father’s condition. He did pass suddenly from dehydration. I will continue to keep your family and father in my prayers. Christ’s Peace

Praying for your father’s health and health care providers.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Fr. Brendan!

I add my prayers for the well-being of your Dad and for the entire family!

Praying for your intentions…

May our merciful Father heal your father and strengthen and guide your family. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I will keep your family in prayer!

LORD Jesus
Heal Ur Son

Praying very hard for your Dad and his caregivers! I pray daily for all caregivers, they have a very tough life.

I am sorry to hear that your father is heavily ill , he will be in my prayers and Rosary intentions I’m about to pray this evening .
Heavenly Father, You are our healer Lord and I pray that FrBrendan’s father shall recover from dehydration and other illness are afflicting him , protect and help all caregivers are helping him now .
Through Jesus Christ , our Lord and Saviour ,
Amen.

Praying For Your Dad.
Grandma Glor

Hope and prayers go out to you and your family.

May our good Lord surround you all with his grace and mercy and may he guide you all to prosperity on the healing of your father so he may get well soon.

God Bless
Renee Lynn “Hope” Castro

Praying for your family. I’m glad you are going to check things out for yourself. May God grant you a safe trip.
God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.