my dad

One of the reasons why my dad is angry at God, is because he thinks that the Genesis story of our first parents is unfair. He thinks that the Bible is either madeup or that it’s been manipulated by people over the ages, so he doesn’t believe anything from it, except that we were not created by the Big Bang.
He once listened to a Gnostic man online who satirized the Adam and Eve story. Ever since then, his anger at God has gotten even worse because he agreed with the Gnostic view. This one part of Scripture is preventing my dad from living prayerfully, and whenever topics about religion are brought up at home, he often goes back to that story and expresses anger at God.
I’ve tried to explain it to him, but it doesn’t help because he doesn’t want to hear it.
Plus, he thinks that the whole New Testament is madeup and that Jesus probably never existed. :frowning:
Please pray for him… this knot prevents my dad from uniting with God. He’s angry at God for what I consider a good reason, but there’s nothing that I can say to change his mind about how unfair he thinks our original sin punishment is. I’ve tried to explain the Cross’s Redemption, but he thinks the New Testament is “fabricated.” :frowning: Please pray for him to find God… it makes me sad to hear him so upset. I don’t try to force religion on him at all, but whenever the subject of God comes up at home, he gets upset.

P.S; if you know any apologetics that can address my dad’s question on the unfairness of God punishing original sin, then please let me know.

Praying to the Holy Spirit to give your Father guidance, direction, strength, fortitude & wisdom in his time of need.

Try “The Case for Faith” by Lee Strobel. Very easy to read, very compelling, excellent interviews with individual apologists re many different objections to Faith. Also look at Strobel’s follow-up book, “The Case for Christ.” Strobel is a a protestant, but I found the books to be very helpful in my own journey and can’t recall anything anti-catholic in them. I have both books at home, if you want I can list out their table of contents so you can see which specific objections are addressed in each book.

PS- praying for your intentions.

Praying for him. Keep praying the Rosary for him and have Masses said for “A special intention”

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in You!

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in You!

Amen.

Praying for your Dad …

Divine Mercy Chaplet

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!
O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; He descended into hell; on the third day He rose again from the dead; He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty; from there He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Praying for your intention. Here is something I have been reading that may be helpful to you. amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CIUJZ38/ref=tmm_kin_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=&sr=

I know it is helpful to me. I just noticed the ebook is on sale for $1.51. It was about $10 when I purchased it not long ago.

His website donjohnsonministries.org/ he has video course you can take also.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

This Reason for hating anything to do
with a Loving God is a LIE that satan
has planted in your dad’s heart, only
God’s Love, embodied in Jesus Christ
can remove it, after all, Jesus IS the
Truth and the Church HAS the Truth
that has been taught it by God, who
can not deceive nor be deceived.

Praying that your father will repent
and ask God to remove the heard of
stone from him and give him a heart
of flesh. Ezekiel 11:19

“O my Jesus, forgive our sins, save us
from the fires of hell, draw all souls to
heaven, esp. those who are most in
need” The Prayer that Our Lady of
Fatima taught the Three shepherd
children.

Praying to Jesus through Mary for your intentions and all blessings…

Prayers said for your Dad and for you and your family.

Praying.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Remember,
O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that any one who fled to thy protection,
implored thy help or sought thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired with this confidence,
I fly unto thee,
O Virgin of virgins my Mother;
to thee do I come,
before thee I stand,
sinful and sorrowful;
O Mother of thy Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in thy clemency hear and answer me.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee;
Blessed art thou among women,
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.