My daughter beat up a bunch of girls and left them in tears!

Well Saturday was a L_O_N_G day but worked out pretty well.

My daughter Melen & her friend/teammate Laura took first & second places at an 8 or 9 team Fencing tournament in Girls Saber!!! Laura picked up the 1st place by defeating Melen in the final bout, and these girls are so even matched that the bout lasted 15-to-13. These 2 little freshmen girls are the only two to compete from her high school in the Girls Saber event and to have them come into event and dominate it was a big source of pride for our little Catholic High School. The Fencing program at the school is just starting its 5th year and this is only the 2nd year that they have allowed girls to fence in the Saber event.

Melen took first place in the pools ranking by being the only undefeated fencer through that part of the tournament. The only loss she had all day was the final match of the day during the direct eliminations when she lost to Laura. Laura only lost one bout the entire day too, that was in the pools and she was ranked 2nd for that part of the event and 1st after the eliminations.

Melen & Laura have been fencing together for 2+ years at a local club and they totally DOMINATED the Girls Saber. Other than her defeat by Laura, the most touches scored against Melen the entire day was 5 out of 15 in the elimination round. During the pools one of her competitors scored ZERO touches, and the average number of touches against her for the entire portion of the pool event was only 1.5 touches.

The best part was seeing the NEW TRIER high school team and the STEVENSON high school teams get humiliated. These 2 public schools are BIG schools and both have HUGE fencing programs with near-professional level coaching. Melen's school (LINK to school website >>> MARIAN CATHOLIC) holds fencing practice in the school hallways and has volunteers acting as coaches. New Trier and Stevenson were both shut out of the top 3 places of Girls Saber as Marian Catholic took spots 1 & 2 and a single saber fencer from the small independent "Blades" Fencing Club took 3rd. Most of the schools in the tournament were large Chicago area public high schools. The Catholic schools in attendance were Marian Catholic (my daugther's team), plus Marian Central Catholic (also a Chicago area school) and Catholic Memorial High School (a suburban Milwaukee school).

OK seeing NEW TRIER shut out was the 2nd best part. Seeing Larua & Melen receive awards was the BEST part :thumbsup: NEW TRIER High School is one of the bigger fencing schools/teams in the Chicago area, they have a great team in every other event and in some of the other grades but little Marian Catholic from Chicago Heights reigned supreme in Girls Saber :)

OK, so I'm guilty of the sin of pride. So be it :D

[quote="melensdad, post:1, topic:178807"]
Well Saturday was a L_O_N_G day but worked out pretty well.

My daughter Melen & her friend/teammate Laura took first & second places at an 8 or 9 team Fencing tournament in Girls Saber!!! Laura picked up the 1st place by defeating Melen in the final bout, and these girls are so even matched that the bout lasted 15-to-13. These 2 little freshmen girls are the only two to compete from her high school in the Girls Saber event and to have them come into event and dominate it was a big source of pride for our little Catholic High School. The Fencing program at the school is just starting its 5th year and this is only the 2nd year that they have allowed girls to fence in the Saber event.

Melen took first place in the pools ranking by being the only undefeated fencer through that part of the tournament. The only loss she had all day was the final match of the day during the direct eliminations when she lost to Laura. Laura only lost one bout the entire day too, that was in the pools and she was ranked 2nd for that part of the event and 1st after the eliminations.

Melen & Laura have been fencing together for 2+ years at a local club and they totally DOMINATED the Girls Saber. Other than her defeat by Laura, the most touches scored against Melen the entire day was 5 out of 15 in the elimination round. During the pools one of her competitors scored ZERO touches, and the average number of touches against her for the entire portion of the pool event was only 1.5 touches.

The best part was seeing the NEW TRIER high school team and the STEVENSON high school teams get humiliated. These 2 public schools are BIG schools and both have HUGE fencing programs with near-professional level coaching. Melen's school (LINK to school website >>> MARIAN CATHOLIC) holds fencing practice in the school hallways and has volunteers acting as coaches. New Trier and Stevenson were both shut out of the top 3 places of Girls Saber as Marian Catholic took spots 1 & 2 and a single saber fencer from the small independent "Blades" Fencing Club took 3rd. Most of the schools in the tournament were large Chicago area public high schools. The Catholic schools in attendance were Marian Catholic (my daugther's team), plus Marian Central Catholic (also a Chicago area school) and Catholic Memorial High School (a suburban Milwaukee school).

OK seeing NEW TRIER shut out was the 2nd best part. Seeing Larua & Melen receive awards was the BEST part :thumbsup: NEW TRIER High School is one of the bigger fencing schools/teams in the Chicago area, they have a great team in every other event and in some of the other grades but little Marian Catholic from Chicago Heights reigned supreme in Girls Saber :)

OK, so I'm guilty of the sin of pride. So be it :D

[/quote]

:clapping::extrahappy:

Ps I'm sure Father will forgive probably chuckling ]:thumbsup:

[quote="kimmielittle, post:2, topic:178807"]
:clapping::extrahappy:

Ps I'm sure Father will forgive probably chuckling ]:thumbsup:

[/quote]

Well we have to have a sense of humor. Right :thumbsup:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/melensdad/1-3.jpg
Melen is wearing the Gold/Black Marian Catholic socks (her School colors), you can see the
scoring box on the right lighting up to indicate her touch!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.