My Daughter on TBN

My daughter Jennifer was given the privilege of serving Mass for Father Michael Manning on his show on TBN. As you may know, TBN is a predominantly Protestant station. This half-hour show is the only current Catholic program broadcast on it.

You can see the video here: wordnet.tv/videos/my-lord-and-my-god.htm

Father Mike told us he receives many positive letters about the show. For some Protestants, this is their first exposure to the Mass.

Please no negative comments about girls as altar servers!

Three cheers for your daughter, for Father Michael, and for TBN!

I firmly beleive that both Catholics and Protestants should stop yelling at each other and embrace. Let’s battle with the secularists, than we can go back to yelling at one another. :wink:

And yes, this includes our brothers of the Mormon faith, Jewish faith, etc.

And who cares if anyone has negative comments and female altar servers? Let those people be foolish.

Thank you for sharing this. I am happy for your daughter and I was pleased to be able to watch the video. :harp:

I'd hope they would show a Mass that is a bit more "by the book". Your daughter is lovely.

Unfortunately, they were limited to one half hour. Parts were edited out, like all of the congregation receiving Communion. Also, we were told to sit for the entire Mass because if we stood, we would block the cameras. Father also had to limit the homily to just a few minutes.

It would be so much better to have one full hour!

Your daughter is lovely.

Thank you. I think so too, but I’m obviously biased! :slight_smile:

Hey, that's cool! I happened upon Fr. Manning a couple of months ago and watch pretty regularly, but I definitely appreciate the link!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.