My dear friend and classmate was KIA in Iraq Today...Urgent Prayer Request

I just received some tragic news. My dear friend and classmate from the Citadel, Lt. Dan Malcom (USMC) was KIA today in Iraq…helping stamp out terrorism and make Iraq and free and prosperous society for the Iraqi people. Dan was a wonderful guy. We was very likeable, and I don’t think you could find one person to say anything negative about him. All he ever wanted to be was an Infantry Officer in the Marines. The world is truly a lesser place without him. He will be sorely missed. Dan did not die in vain though. Dan believed in what we were doing in Iraq, and if I know Dan, he would gladly pay the ultimate sacrafice again if necessary. We should all be thankful for his sacrafice and the sacrafices of others as we sit secure and free at home. He was a great soldier and he loved this country with all his heart. Now it is time for his fellow Devil Dogs to finish the job they started. Please keep my dear friend, his family, his classmates and friends, and his fellow soldiers in your prayers. God Bless you Dan…we love and we will never forget.

Damn damn damn.

Your friend (and you) are in my prayers.

A thank you to your friend.

He gave a gift we can in no way repay.

And as an additional thank you (given it’s Veteran’s Day) Thank you! To all veterans, both those alive and dead and to those still in the line of fire! May God Bless them all!

:blessyou:

Geoff

Thank you Lonevoice…I appreciate it and you are in mine as well.

Totally off topic…I would just like to make a comment to anyone on these boards that may be tempted to make a “unjust war” or “illegal war” statement…DO NOT DO IT. I will not let you dishonor my friends’ memories like that…yes thats right, friendS (plural) Pretty soon the toll will be up to ten very dear and close friends that have paid the ultimate sacrafice. I know loss on a scale unlike you can imagine. I have experienced loss of friends and loved ones during the last two years, unlike most people experience in a lifetime, and every time someone makes a comment such as it is an illegal or unjust war, you dishonor the memory of all of those that have died…you might as well spit on their graves and tell them you don’t give a **** about their service. Face it people…we are at war, whether or not you like it…and something that you have probably noticed about our dear President, is despite your bickering and opposition…we are going to stay until the job is done. So why don’t you actually be useful and support our troops while they are there instead of taking every opportunity to trash our President and our cause. I speak to all them over there and they tell me the grief it causes them to get news from America and having their fellow countrymen disgrace them with the comments they make regarding the war and the President. I am calling for the partisanship to stop and support this war effort until it is finally finished. Is that possible?

[quote=Lonevoice]Damn damn damn.

Your friend (and you) are in my prayers.
[/quote]

[quote=dumspirospero] I am calling for the partisanship to stop and support this war effort until it is finally finished. Is that possible?
[/quote]

:amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen: :amen:

Dum:

Your friend (and you) will be in my prayers today. Though he has died, may he never know death. :gopray2::gopray2:

:amen::amen::amen::amen::blessyou:

I’m so sorry to hear this news. May his soul rest in peace. Please know that I am grateful for his service and sacrifice.

God Bless,
Nicole

I felt the tears as I read your post…I am sorrowful but grateful for the sacrifice your friend, Dan made. I will remember him and all others who serve as I do each evening in my prayers.

God Bless,
A

May your friend and all those who have died in this tragic war rest in peace.

I am happy to pray for Dan, his family, his friends, his fellow Marines, and for you. I was in during Desert Storm myself. I honor his sacrifice.

Love,

Angelina

Jesus and Dan – Semper Fi

I’m sorry to hear about your friend. I’ll keep him and his family in my prayers. It’s because of people like him that we can openly and freely express our opinions. He was a great American.

I pray for the repose of his soul. May God bless him and all of our soldiers.

[quote=dumspirospero]I just received some tragic news. My dear friend and classmate from the Citadel, Lt. Dan Malcom (USMC) was KIA today in Iraq…helping stamp out terrorism and make Iraq and free and prosperous society for the Iraqi people. Dan was a wonderful guy. He was very likeable, and I don’t think you could find one person to say anything negative about him. All he ever wanted to be was an Infantry Officer in the Marines. The world is truly a lesser place without him. He will be sorely missed. Dan did not die in vain though. Dan believed in what we were doing in Iraq, and if I know Dan, he would gladly pay the ultimate sacrafice again if necessary. We should all be thankful for his sacrafice and the sacrafices of others as we sit secure and free at home. He was a great soldier and he loved this country with all his heart. Now it is time for his fellow Devil Dogs to finish the job they started. Please keep my dear friend, his family, his classmates and friends, and his fellow soldiers in your prayers. God Bless you Dan…we love and we will never forget.
[/quote]

Dan is in my heart and in my prayers. Also you and Dan’s family and friends. Having lost a brother and many friends in War, I know the deep pain you feel. :frowning:

He did not die in vain. Nor did he die a moment before he had accomplished all, that God had created Dan to do in this life. Dan has done well.

May he hear Abba Father say: “Well done good and faithful servant. Enter into my Eternal Love and joy.”

“May Perpetual Light shine upon him, and may he rest in Gods all loving embrace.”

Prayers will be said for Dan, his family and you. God Bless all of our Military, past & present, those who sacrifice so much and gave all.
May the Souls of the Faithful Departed, through the Mercy of God, Rest in Peace. Amen.

[quote=Lucania]Prayers will be said for Dan, his family and you. God Bless all of our Military, past & present, those who sacrifice so much and gave all.
May the Souls of the Faithful Departed, through the Mercy of God, Rest in Peace. Amen.

[/quote]

:amen:

May his soul and all the souls crossing from this life to the next find Peace in the Arms of our Lord.

Thank you to all who volunteer to give their lives for our country!!

[quote=thestickman]May his soul and all the souls crossing from this life to the next find Peace in the Arms of our Lord.

Thank you to all who volunteer to give their lives for our country!!
[/quote]

:amen:

Oh that is so sad. What a loss for our country. My prayers are with Dan’s family.

Lisa N

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and this brave soldier’s family. His sacrifice was NOT in vain. And it is much appreciated by me and mine.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord.
And may perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace. Amen.

May his soul, and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

I am so sorry for the loss of Lt. Malcom. I pray for him and all our departed verterns who have fought so bravely in defense of our country.

I offer this prayer for your friend Dan and all those brave American soldiers who have gone before him. God Bless—

O God,
by whose mercy the faithful departed find rest,
look kindly on your departed veterans who gave their
lives in the service of their country.
Grant that through the passion, death, and resurrection of your Son
they may share in the joy of your heavenly kingdom
and rejoice in you with your saints forever.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.