My depression is very bad. Please pray

Me again :blush::blush:

Okay, the short of it is that I am quadruply depressed right now. 'm dealing with:
my regular chronic depression and mental illnesses
my infertility depression
depression from being in bed all day everyday and not being able to do anything productive
depression from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) which starts about this time of year :rolleyes:

I'm on mental health meds and in counseling, but it's just not enough. I'm so sad and miserable and cry all the time. Please pray hard for me and for my husband who is enduring this alongside me. Thank you all so very much.

Praying for you and all those so afflicted and their families' spiritual, emotional and physical needs....

Lord Jesus Christ, You have willed that St. Dymphna should be invoked by thousands of clients as the patroness of nervous and mental disease and have brought it about that her interest in these patients should be an inspiration to and an ideal of charity throughout the world. Grant that, through the prayers of this youthful martyr of purity, those who suffer from nervous and mental illness everywhere on earth may be helped and consoled. .

Be pleased to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna and of Your Blessed Mother. Give those whom I recommend the patience to bear with their affliction and resignation to do Your divine will. Give them the consolation they need and especially the cure they so much desire, if it be Your will. Through Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
Copied from:
2heartsnetwork.org/Dymphna.htm

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially, those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Praying as well for the intercession of St. Lydwine of Schiedham, patroness of those afflicted with prolonged suffering and chronic illness

[quote="Convert_in_99, post:1, topic:176841"]
Me again :blush::blush:

Okay, the short of it is that I am quadruply depressed right now. 'm dealing with:
my regular chronic depression and mental illnesses
my infertility depression
depression from being in bed all day everyday and not being able to do anything productive
depression from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) which starts about this time of year :rolleyes:

I'm on mental health meds and in counseling, but it's just not enough. I'm so sad and miserable and cry all the time. Please pray hard for me and for my husband who is enduring this alongside me. Thank you all so very much.

[/quote]

Praying for you with the compassion of one who has endured some of these things. Congratulating you on maintaining a marriage and congratulations to your husband for his love and fidelity. I really got my eyes opened some years ago when I was in a class/support group, finding that I was the only one not institutionalized, living in my own home, and married for (at the time) 18 years. That got me counting my blessings. I know that's hard to do when you're really down but everything that the Lord has put inside you, beginning with your baptism, is still there.

When I asked the Lord with tears, about 22 years ago, to be spared from taking medication, the answer I got was "take up your cross and follow me." That has sustained me in many difficult moments. I was a Protestant at the time, thought Christians weren't supposed to have these illnesses or take meds, and had no idea about uniting my suffering with that of the Lord Jesus, much less for the purpose of praying for others. What an incredible new way of life has opened up for me since then.

May the Spirit of God sustain you and lift you up.

With affection,

Luminous Hope (this name expresses how I feel about becoming Catholic--at the age of 60!)

Praying my heart out for your happiness and peace of mind.

Praying that you are comforted and feel better ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

You’ve been on my mind, actually.

Keeping you and your husband in my prayers
Hugs, Trishie

Praying very hard for you.

Lord, please send your healing love to Convert 99 and lift her depression completely. Give her such a special experience of You that she is completely transformed like St. Catherine of Genoa was. I pray that Convert 99 can focus less on others for her happiness and focus totally on her relationship with You for everything. I thank You that she has her good husband to help support her and to love her. She needs someone to love her. Put good people in her life to love her and help her grow happier in You. Please help her get out of the house and help her get to daily Mass for the Eucharist and for the proclamation of the Word. May she get a spiritual director who can offer her direction and support her in her spiritual life. When she is in bed, may she pray the Rosary, talk to You, and just consciously be aware of Your presence. Whenever she breathes may she know that it comes from You and may she find comfort just by your presence in her sustaining her and causing her to breath. May she find comfort in her breath and be grateful for the life you give her with each breath and take comfort in your presence within her. If she doubts Your Presence within her and needs to go to Confession, may she find her Pastor and make a confession. Please heal Convert 99, lift her depression completely (which may take a little time), and never let her be separated from you. Let her know she can always send me a PM if she needs friendship and support. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

I hope and pray that things will get brighter for you, as your gradually recover from your injury. God bless you. :)

Still praying hard to St. Dymphna for you.

Father, we're not there to cheer our sister by our physical visits each day, but please give her a sense of our love and prayer each day.
Her recovery is protracted due to the serious injury.
And she suffers from other ailments, including depression,
so I am concerned that in Your love You will continue to give her healing,
and help her to remember that our prayers surround her each day,
thanks to Your merciful love.

*** Praying for you and all those so afflicted and their families’ spiritual, emotional and physical needs…

Lord Jesus Christ, You have willed that St. Dymphna should be invoked by thousands of clients as the patroness of nervous and mental disease and have brought it about that her interest in these patients should be an inspiration to and an ideal of charity throughout the world. Grant that, through the prayers of this youthful martyr of purity, those who suffer from nervous and mental illness everywhere on earth may be helped and consoled. .

Be pleased to hear the prayers of St. Dymphna and of Your Blessed Mother. Give those whom I recommend the patience to bear with their affliction and resignation to do Your divine will. Give them the consolation they need and especially the cure they so much desire, if it be Your will. Through Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
Copied from:
2heartsnetwork.org/Dymphna.htm*

deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen

Praying as well for the intercession of St. Lydwine of Schiedham, patroness of those afflicted with prolonged suffering and chronic illness for you, DH and family. **

Father, please give her a sense of our love and prayer each day.
Help her to recover from the serious injury to her ankle.
Please continue to give her healing from her aliments and discouragement and help her to remember that our prayers surround her each day,
thanks to Your merciful love.

deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.