My depression

Please pray for me… I have been battling with depression for years (I am 32) and thought I was getting somewhere. Today, I feel really bad and fear I’m having a relapse. Many thanks.

I will hold you in my prayers tonight:gopray2:

As a someone who has been battling depression for years, I know how you feel. I will definitely hold you in my prayers. Please know that sometimes we as sufferers do not give ourselves permission to have a bad day. We forget that even those who do not suffer can have a depressing day.

If you have not read it or own it, there is a wonderful book written by a nun called Surviving Depression: A Catholic Approach. She also has a complimentary book that is all prayers and sayings. It has helped me tremendously. She is a sufferer herself and its a wonderful story and help.

Despite medication, I too still have days and periods where I suffer and just cannot shake it. I feel your pain, I hear you, and I wish I could do something to take it away. Know that God is always with us in our darkest darkest moments…So while you may feel alone in the darkness, know that HE is there with you even if you cannot feel him…HE IS THERE!! I am there with you too.

God bless you and hold you in the palm of His merciful hands,

Kimberly

Have you been taking antidepressants? Clinical (chronic) depression is usually a chemical imbalance, and not a moral flaw, which many times can be corrected with the right medicine.

And could it be that you have an underlying physical condition that affects your depression? Diabetes (a dynamic, unstable disease) is one that can affect depression–and vice versa.

I know, because I have both.

In Jesus’ name, Father, please comfort and reassure Levavi and lead Levavi to live the fullness of Your loving will in peace, joy and health. Please heal Levavi in the Sacraments.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Praying for you

Praying the Our Father for you…

Praying for you.

Praying for you. God Bless You. Peace.

I had severe depression age 12 to 28. In my case it somehow went away on its own. So as others here have said I think there is some merit to the chemical imbalence theory.
I will pray for you and keep you in my thoughts.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thanks for the support and advice.

I have been taking Citalopram for a few years now, at various dosage levels.

Please keep praying for me; it means a lot.

Depression is so hard, I am praying for you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

What has always eased my depressions a bit was to remember that even though everyone on earth seems to want nothing to do with you, Jesus always loves you.

I don’t suffer as much from depression as I used to. It’s tough to think that God loves you when you don’t even love yourself, but He does and I believe just as in a dark night, Jesus is even closer to you when you are depressed.

May God show you His love during this hard time.:heaven:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Praying very hard to St. Dymphna for you to find peace and happiness!

Thank you, all, for these kind prayers.

Continuing to keep you in prayer.May the Lord give you peace andHope,Rocky.

closed #19

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.