My disability claim was denied yet again... I'm so depressed

Hi everyone. I had my appeal hearing for my disability claim back in October of 2008. Well, today I received the decision and it was denied. :frowning: I am just so totally depressed, disappointed, and angry. I should have gotten my disability claim approved. The evidence that I am disabled is overwhelming. Please pray for me.

From Jesus says:
"Don’t be afraid, just believe"
never stop to pray for you dear

Have you gotten a lawyer and sued the state on the grounds of your disability? If it is denied at first you must find a lawyer to help you get your disabilty by sueing the state that you live in.
I will keep you in my prayers
God Bless
Mary1173:signofcross:

My wife has the same trouble.

Holding you in my prayers.

I hope you are working with a lawyer or an agency that specializes in disability claims.
You are in my prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

I have a lawyer but he never talked to me about suing the state.

If it’s SSD you’re talking about, you don’t sue the state, you appeal to the U.S. District Court. You can also simply refile, but if you do that, you might lose back benefits.

Praying…

I had to get a lawyer to provide a court hearing upon my needing SSD. The lawyer must have misstated the purpose of my court appearance. He made it sound as though I was suing the state for my benefits. I stand corrected…thank you for pointing that out to me.:smiley:
:doh2:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

I can’t but pray

Thank you everyone for your prayers.

Dear Holly, I pray on a daily basis that your needs are met. I will add this situation regarding disability to my intentions. Peace be with you this Holy Easter and Easter season and talk to your lawyer about the situation based on what these good people on the forum are saying. Also pray to God, who takes care of all our needs and makes all things work out for the good for those who love Him. Pray, hope, and don’t worry. God works in his own time. Just be patient and do what is necessary to state your case to the District Attorney. God bless!

Dear Lord, please ensure that Holly receices the support that she needs. Please be with her in her struggles.
Gpd bless you this Easter, Holly.

Holly:

I’m on SSD, and went through a Reconsideration and then a Hearing before an ALJ. I might be able to help, could you please p/m me with the details? What’s the nature of your disability? How long have you been disabled? Which hearing was this? Was this a hearing at the SS Office - A Reconsideration or SSA Appeal? or, Was this a hearing before an ALJ? Do you have an attorney? or, Are you doing this on your own?

Even if it was an ALJ Hearing, you have Appeal Rights - Read your form, but you’ll need an Attorney (I know someone whose patients use to use Bender & Bender). If you wasn’t, and you need and attorney, the Bender & Bender advice still holds. Otherwise, contact B’nai Brith and see if they can help.

Let me know if I can help.

Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael

Mary:

There is such a thing as STATE DISABILITY, but the Standard is different than for SSD. With State Disability, because the claiment usually pays for the insurance and the Disability is relatively short-term (under 1 year), the Standard is whether or not the person is able work full-time in his/her normal and customary occupation. That’s all that’s asked - Does this injury or illness prevent the person from working full-time in his/her normal and customary occupation.

With SSD, the question is whether or not the disability, or combination of disabilities, is/are so limiting that the disabilities prevent the person from doing any real meaningful work for a period of more than one year…

ssa.gov/dibplan/dqualify4.htm
ssa.gov/dibplan/dqualify5.htm
ssa.gov/dibplan/dqualify6.htm

[size=4][FONT=Georgia]I hope this clarifies a few things.

Your Brother in Christ, Michael[/size][/FONT]

still praying for you Holly

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.