My essay

I know this sounds like a stupid prayer request (in the scheme of things it is!) but i’m going to ask it - and put it into context anyway.

I lived in foster care as a teenager, and have lived on my own from being 16. I’ve always felt called to teaching and/or ministry (being anglican), but because I had to work every hour I could for very little money I never got chance to study for my A levels which would be my route into university.

I struggled to hold down dead end jobs because I knew that I was meant to do more than all of this. I finally got a break last year when I worked for 3 months as a school chaplain and it was the most fulfilling job I’ve had to date. But the contract could only last 3 months so when it came to a close, I was back to dead end jobs. I ended up working at a famous fast food chain, but only lasted there a month. I felt so hopeless there, because it is not what I wanted to do. My mum then fell ill and life seemed to get on top of me. I left the job because my boss was unhappy about me having Sundays off to attend church (my lay work).

I was completely lost… my desperate desire to go to uni never went away. I randomly flicked around uni sites but did not hold any hope of getting in without A levels. Then I came across a particular university; it advertised a “Theology and Ministry” degree and due to my time working as a chaplain (and also my voluntary work) I was able to apply having “worked in a ministry setting”.

My application, by the grace of God, was accepted. I was over the moon.

Since then life has continued to present me with difficulties. I have had to flee my home, and have had a considerable emotional battle this week which I won’t go into on this thread (feel free to look for it else where)… I have worked hard this week, but it hasnt been easy because of personal problems.

I don’t deserve much at the moment. And I know I’ve already got so much. But I would really appreciate it if people could pray for the work I must do tonight. My deadline is tomorrow and I’m really worried about the quality of this essay, and the time scale. This degree is the only practical thing I have in my life right now… it’s given me so much hope, and is helping me to understand so much better. I pray that God can be with me, inspiring me and enabling me to work, and work well; to achieve the wonderful things he raises us to. I desperately don’t want to fail, I want to study it so much - I can’t afford to fail. Please pray that he may be with me.

Dear Lord Jesus,
Be with Rita and comfort her and help her cope with all she has to accomplish.
Guide Rita into your presence and in peace & love let her listen to your guidance.
Love in Christ Jesus

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on Earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Praying for Rita

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Holy Spirit, You know Rita is trying so hard to work towards what she trusts You want for her life. Please give her the inspiration and help she needs to produce an outstanding essay, and an essay that will grade well. Please help her throughout, in her studies for her Theology and Ministry" degree.

Rita, I pray “Out of His infinite glory, may He give you the power through His Spirit for your hidden self to grow strong, so that Christ may live in your hearts through faith, and then, planted in love and built on love, you will with all the saints have strength to grasp the breadth and the length, the height and the depth; until knowing the love of Christ, which is beyond all knowledge, you are filled with the utter fullness of God.” “Glory to Him whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine.” [Ephesians 3:16-20] Please work in Rita to achieve more than she can ask or imagine.

Rita has suffered much so dear God I ask You to give her a new beginning of hope,
security and happiness, in her life, in worshipping You, and in serving You in other people.

“The man who with his whole heart serves God will be accepted, his petitions carry to the clouds. The humble man’s prayer pierces the clouds, until it arrives he is inconsolable, nor will he desist until the Most High takes notice of him, acquits the virtuous and delivers judgement. And the Lord will not…be dilatory on their behalf (and will) make them rejoice in His mercy. Mercy is welcome in time of trouble, like rain clouds in time of drought.” [Ecclesiasticus 35:16-19, 23-24]

Lord please be with Rita in all things.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen
:signofcross:

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Thank you all - It has been handed in and on time, I’m hoping it’s enough to get a good mark!

I would appreciate everyones prayers over the time they are being marked; if I don’t pass this module I will not be able to continue the course, as it is a conditional offer.

Saint Thomas Aquinas and Saint Jerome, patrons of students, we entrust Rita to your continuing care. Be with her through this time, and guide her through the training of the ministry in which she is called. Glorious Saint Joseph, watch over Rita that she may be able to continue balancing academics with work, for if both are pleasing to God, she may bring Him greater honor. We ask this in communion with all the saints and Jesus Christ Our Lord, Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.