My faith struggle

my faith and walk may not be as strong as some other’s. Regardless, i will continue to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling, as best i can.

9 Likes

That’s truly beautiful.

It’s much more challenging to work on your faith when you’re not really feeling it. & In many ways much more rewarding.

3 Likes

@Mike1w,

GOD knows that you’re doing your best. So don’t put too much pressure on yourself. Just learn to surrender everything to Him and He’ll give you the grace to get through it.

As the saying goes…“Patience is the key to success.”

You’re in my prayer, brother. GOD bless!

5 Likes

Pray like the disciples: ‘Lord, increase our faith!’ - Luke 17:5

4 Likes

Prayers for you. Please pray for me too.

2 Likes

My faith journey is like a landscape - deep gorges,
lush valleys and occasional mountains. Just perservere.

2 Likes

This never fails to encourage me, in spite of the troubles that come out of everyday living.

This is from Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings.

“There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.”

5 Likes

We’ll pray for each other. In fact, I just included you and your brother in prayer today.

GOD bless! :innocent::innocent::innocent:

1 Like

Faith ebbs and flows with the Liturgy.

High Times are Holy Days of Obligation, Lent, Christmas, Easter, Corpus Christi.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.