My family and I have the flu

*Would you keep my family and I in your prayers this week? My son has the flu, not swine flu, but the flu–I caught it from him (I have not had the flu in years) and my dd has a slight hint of the symptoms. Knock on wood, my dh is not sick. Please pray that we get better soon.

Thank you. :o*

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying that God will let his light shine upon you and your family and help you get through this time tribulation.

Praying hard for all…

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially, those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Thanks everyone. I’m home from work today, and slept so long this morning, I couldn’t believe it! I appreciate your prayers…praying that this doesn’t get worse for any of us in my family. I hate it when we’re sick like this. :frowning:

:gopray:

Praying for you and children to have a quick recovery from the flu.

Our Father…
Hail Mary…
Glory be…

Amen.

Praying for a quick recovery.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

I’ll remember you all at Mass today, WG. My husbnad, eldest son and I had the flu recently, and it wasn’t much fun. I ask the Lord to help you all get over the flu quickly.

*Thank you so much for your prayers, Trishie…and everyone. :o I really appreciate your prayers. My son is still complaining with a sore throat, and bad cough…and now, my throat is hurting. I don’t have a fever anymore, praise God. I’m losing my voice, too. Whatever this is, it’s a strange strain of the flu. I stayed home yesterday and today, plan to go to work tomorrow. Please keep praying that my family and I heal from this soon. My dd has been sick, too, but totally different symptoms from my son and me. Praise the Lord, that my husband does not have any of our symptoms. It bugs me because I’m so diligent with trying to keep myself and my kids healthy! :o

Lord, please heal my family and me in body, mind and spirit. :gopray: *

Lord, Please be with this family and the illness in their home and bring your healing and comfort. In Jesus’ precious name. Amen.
mlz

Returning the prayers you offered my family earlier this evening! It’s so hard when you try to keep your family healthy and the flu is like wildfire! Praying for you whatevergirl, and your family!

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

The strange thing is, I really try so hard, with diet, and vitamins, etc…to do the right thing. I try to pump the kids and dh with vitamins too…but if you just forget to wash your hands that ONE time, you know? Ugh! I hope my sore throat heals soon. Please, Lord. :gopray:
Thank you for your prayers. :o

thank you, phoenix…Here is a cyber hug that you can’t get sick from. :hug1: lol

WG, Hopefully all the efforts you make for your family’s health, having made your immune systems stronger, will help you all to recover more quickly! Lord please grant that. I just have to look like getting a sore throat and cure it before it gets started by gargling with warm salt water! I hope you recover from yours quickly. Please God you will, and that your husband doesn’t succumb to the flu.
God bless you all

Praying that you all feel better today …

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

*Thank you Gabriel…I was feeling better yesterday, went to work, son went to school. Now, today? We have sore throats, and soooo tired. Like the kind of tired where you could sleep for days, you know? We are taking vitamin c a lot, and I made a healthy dinner tonight. Praying we get over this soon.

Praying for anyone else on here who is dealing with a virus thing of some type! :gopray:*

Continuing prayers for your full recovery …

:gopray:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially, those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Remember, O Most Gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known that anyone who fled to Thy protection,
implored Thy help or sought Thy intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
I fly unto Thee, O Virgin of Virgins, my Mother;
to Thee do I come, before thee I kneel, sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in Thy clemency, hear and answer me.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.