My father has just passed away

As the title says, I just lost my dad. I know there will be a long road ahead of me. Grief does funny things to people and there will be a lot of disagreements with my family members.

Please pray I will have the strenght to go on. At 41, it was nice to know 'daddy was there to take care of me' and now I have to go on without that. I need to rely more on God. As good as it is to rely on God, the sinner in me is scared.

Please pray for me

I will be going to my home town and have no idea when I will be able to log back on. PM would be appreciated but not sure I will be able to respond

CM

It took me 5 long years to say goodbye to my father. He is still never far from my thoughts. Though we disagreed on many theological points, we both agreed to disagree. We felt to love each other was more important than parting company because we were "both right."

God gives us a certain strength to become an adult now that our parents are gone. You will be surprised as to what inner strength you can call on to accomplish tasks in life. For now, you have truly become an adult. I will keep you in my prayers.

:hug1:Prayers for your family at this difficult time.

[quote="Mary_Gail_36, post:3, topic:238894"]
:hug1:Prayers for your family at this difficult time.

[/quote]

joining with you

My prayers are with you. I lost my father now nearly 6 years ago and it still hurts. I miss him so much. May the Lords rod strengthen you and his staff comfort you.

Dear CM,

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father.

Joining you in prayer ...

:gopray::gopray:

Prayers for you and your family. And for your Dad's soul. My Mom's been gone for almost 6 years.

Oh dear : well..I havn't lost my Dad.. but I have lost my Mom.. and it really is a hard road. It took me 7 years to actually move on.. but she really is still in my heart.

We all have experienced losing someone. I'll pray for you. BIG HUG and the journey will be tough, there will be hard times.. but there will be good times. Another hug

(* the stars mean...what i would do in real life...so i'm...forum hugging you right now..)

Prayers for you and your family.

My condolence.
My father was my hero, he pass on Feb. 23 2007. I was so busy that I did'nt get a chance to grieve for him. I was fortunate that the hospice he was at offered greif counseling to family members. After two years without greiving, I went thru grief therapy. It was well worth it. I will pray for you.

God bless you

jesus g

cmscms:

Prayers for you and your family.

Sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

Prayers for you and your father and your entire family.

:gopray2:

Prayers for you, your father and your family. :hug1:

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace.

Amen

I am so sorry for your loss and I am praying for you!

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace.

I am sorry for your loss, but happy for his gain.

[quote="cmscms, post:1, topic:238894"]
As the title says, I just lost my dad. I know there will be a long road ahead of me. Grief does funny things to people and there will be a lot of disagreements with my family members.

Please pray I will have the strenght to go on. At 41, it was nice to know 'daddy was there to take care of me' and now I have to go on without that. I need to rely more on God. As good as it is to rely on God, the sinner in me is scared.

Please pray for me

I will be going to my home town and have no idea when I will be able to log back on. PM would be appreciated but not sure I will be able to respond

CM

[/quote]

I am so sorry cmscms. I wish you the best in your grief. Take it one day at a time and allow yourself as much time to mourn and cry as you need.

:console::sad_bye::imsorry:

Thank you everyone for your kind replies.

To my pleasant surprise, I am feeling a lot of strenght and peace. It is not so often I feel God's presence with me when I go through hard times. So I am grateful things so far are going good.

I need to be honest, I am find it hard to be with my brother and mother since let's just say we have had our issues. And there were some litlle disagreements over trivial things. But so far so good

And here is where I am SO confused. I have prayed for years for God to bring me peace over past traumatic events which I feel He has never answered. Yet I barely prayed since my dad died and I have received tons of help over loosing my dad.

I also feel like a misfit because I am function more like my normal self. For example, my brother keeps asking me if Aunty so and so called yet and my mom will tell him he spoke to her earlier.

Then, my brother took my mom around town to run errands and my mom keeps saying 'Your father and I went to the grocery store earlier' and my brother will give me a 'look' to let me know she is confused and my brother is the one who took her.

Yet, (unless I am really wrong) I think I am making total sense.

So odd

But againg, thanks fo your prayers and I am grateful that I sense God's presence

CM

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.