My father is despairing

Please pray for my father who has been going through a difficult time for many years. He is in the middle of his second bankruptcy and cannot find a job. He is such a wonderful man but he is blind to all of his qualities. He feels like he is worthless but I wish he could see all the potential that he has. I think what he really needs is to find Jesus and ask for help through prayer. Please pray that he may receive God’s grace and that I can act as a light to show him how amazing the Lord is.

Thank you all and God Bless.

Praying.
and asking Sts Joseph and St Jude for assistance.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blesses art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the firt of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Prayer to Saint Joseph for a Difficult Problem

O Glorious St. Joseph, thou who hast power to render possible even things which are considered impossible, come to our aid in our present trouble and distress. Take this important and difficult affair under thy particular protection, that it may end happily. (mention your request)

O dear St. Joseph, all our confidence is in thee. Let it not be said that we would invoke thee in vain; and since thou art so powerful with Jesus and Mary, show that thy goodness equals thy power. Amen.

St. Joseph, friend of the Sacred Heart, pray for us.

Prayer to St. Joseph for the Unemployed

O Saint Joseph, we pray to you for those who are out of work, for those who want to earn their living or support their families.

You who are the patron of workers; grant that unemployment may vanish from our ranks; that all those who are ready to work may put their strength and abilities in serving their fellowmen and earn a just salary.

You are the patron of families; do not let those who have children to support and raise lack the necessary means. Have pity on our brothers and sisters held down in unemployment and poverty because of sickness or social disorders. Help our political leaders and captains of industry find new and just solutions. May each and every one have the joy of contributing, according to his abilities, to the common prosperity by an honorable livelihood. Grant that we may all share together in the abundant goods God has given us and that we may help underprivileged countries. Amen.

Sometimes we have to be brought to our knees before we’ll acknowledge Christ. While we’re independent and doing fine, we think we don’t need God.

I didn’t turn to Christianity till the tail end of the worst four years of my life. I was going through a divorce, was broke but not bankrupt, didn’t have a job and had no qualifications. So I’ve got some idea of your father’s state of mind. In fact, careers, or rather the lack of them, have been and still are the bane of my life.

I think you ought to be praying that Christ will give your father a strong impulse to attend Church, preferably Catholic, even if he’s a bit befuddled as to where the impulse is coming from. After all he must be getting to the point where he hopes there’s more to life than this endless struggle.

I just hope he goes to a church where he’s made to feel welcome and that people accept him where he is, and as he is, and in turn he can then accept that he’s not the only one who’s suffering.

I suppose you’d call it suffering in the form of frustration. I know a good deal about that one.:crutches:

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for your Father…

I didn’t think of that. I will start praying for it. Thank you all for your prayers!

Hail Mary Full of grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed art thou among woman
And Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.

AMEN

Praying…

Your father is blessed to have you!
Lord You know how difficult is is to get past anyone’s self-doubt and despair.
Please powerfully grant the prayer of this wise and caring young person.

closed #12

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.