My father said something really disturbing

I can’t go into details but, my father, who is basically a nominal catholic, said something really really disturbing, and I’ve been struggling with it all day. I’m thinking of sending him an email or text message telling him what he said was wrong, so that it’s private, but I’m upset over this and am unsure of what to say, or how to respond.

I need prayers for both me and him.

Hail Mary,
Full of grace
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women, and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

Prayer for Family

Heavenly Father,
Please shine Your light upon this family. Give them
the strength to overcome the difficulties that they are
dealing with now. Protect them against all problems
they may encounter in the future. O Lord, please bring
them together as they are meant to be. May the love
that binds them grow stronger as they fulfill the destiny
You have laid out for them.

Grant this family forgiveness for any sins they have
committed. May they also forgive one another. We ask
this through Christ Our Lord, amen.

Praying for your intention.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

I’m doing better, but I’m still horribly scandalized by this. I don’t know what to do, whether to just be silent and pray, or to say something about this.

Please keep praying that I make the right decision.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Dear Jesus,

I humbly implore you to grant your special graces to our family. May our home be the shrine of peace, purity, love, labor and faith. I beg you, dear Jesus, to protect and bless all of us, absent and present, living and dead.

O Mary,

Loving Mother of Jesus, and our Mother, pray to Jesus for our family, for all the families of the world, to guard the cradle of the newborn, the schools of the young and their vocations.

Blessed Saint Joseph,

holy guardian of Jesus and Mary, assist us by your prayers in all necessities of life. Ask of Jesus that special grace which he granted to you, to watch over our home at the pillow of the sick and the dying, so that with Mary and with you, Heaven may find our family unbroken in the sacred Heart of Jesus.

Amen.

I’m considering showing my family a video series on the Cristeros, I won’t bring up what happened between me and my dad, but I’m thinking that maybe showing them some of the themes of the Cristiada might get my dad, my mom, and maybe even my brother, -if he’s willing to watch this- to start thinking differently about Catholicism.

I’m really struggling to get my mind off of this, I really want to denounce him off for this but, I know it probably won’t help although won’t, although at the same time I really doubt this, feel like I should tell him off.

Please pray for me!

Dear friend, God has given you an opportunity of grace, to pray for your falible father in his weakness. It is a grace of God’s trust in your loving prayer for your dad and for your family.
Please hear our prayers, and heal all the injury within this father’s revelation.

Praying for your situation.

Dear Jesus, in Your name I humbly pray that you help the OP and their father with this situation. Amen.

Holy Mary and St. Joseph, please pray for this intention. Thank you. Amen.

Added to rosary #3 intentions
God bless

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.