My Father

Please pray for my father. He is going to have surgery tomorrow; it’s a simple operation to fix a hernia. He has never done anything like this before and he isn’t sure how he will react to the anesthesia, so he is a little nervous.

Praying for your dad.

+JMJTJ+

*** Your Father will be in my prayers for a safe and successful surgery.***
May Christ, the Divine Physician, be his Presence and peace.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

The dear man! Tell him we’re praying for him.
Anesthesia isn’t the same as it was years ago, but is more finely tuned. I used to get very bilious afterwards, but now you can get out of it with little effect. If they have the oxygen mask on him as he wakes, tell him to take some good breaths as it help to get your system clear.

Tell him he’ll be fine, and we’ll be sending Jesus to hold his hand!

God bless, Trishie

I had my wisdom teeth removed a month ago. I have no memory of the 24 hours following the operation. After a few days I was able to walk, but I was sick for two weeks. When my mother had her wisdom teeth removed last year, she was perfectly fine the next day. That’s why my father is nervous; he doesn’t want to react the way I did.

I thank all of you for your prayers.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying
Grandma Glor

Praying for your Father…

Prayers sent. Praying your father has a quick recovery, I will be thinking of him and including him in my prayers.

Prayers promised

Praying for you dear father, bless his heart.

I will especially pray tonight and tomorrow.

Praying very hard for your father!

He’s back from the surgery and doing fine. :slight_smile: His hernia is low on his abdonimal wall so he is still in alot of pain. Thank you for your prayers.

He has my sympathy. My husband had surgery for two anginal hernias. I remember his pain. Please God you Dad recovers soon…a bit better every day!

God bless him and you!, Trishie

Thanks for letting us know - I kept checking to see how he did! I am happy he did not have anethesia issues!

Will now pray that the pain is managed well and he heals quickly.

May the peace of our Lord be with him and with you for caring so much!

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.