My final vows on Nov 21st

Hello all,

I would deeply appreciate any extra prayers you all can offer for my final vows later this fall. I know this is what God wants of be, but I desire the grace to give myself totally to Him, and for that prayers are needed. Thank you very much, I promise to pray for your intentions!

God Bless, Br. Alphonsus.

You are in my prayers and Masses, Brother Alphonsus.

Love through me
God, unless You love through me, I cannot love You above all, or cherish other persons, as Jesus loves me. Know, love and serve through me, for my attempts may be tainted with selfish responses or kindly mistakes.

Others’ logic and reality before You is mystery to me, for I have only my own consciousness. I know something of my sinfulness, yet what appears to be ‘sin’ in others may instead be a differing virtue, or a product of innocence or ignorance that only appears to be sin or error.

I ask You Who-Are-Love to be my love and service of others, welcoming everyone as Your beloved. Please grant me grace to celebrate Your love, beauty and inspiration in others, even if it is obscure. Let Your Spirit fill my heart, mouth and prayer with gifts of Your love and truth for others. Let me be endowment of Your own self, Your sacrament, and our gentle Mother present to them. I ask this despite my evident failures in loving.

I ask that You will free me wholly into Your love, wisdom, and compassion. I wait humbly in my daily efforts, knowing that in Your mercy You will grant my prayer to love Yourself in me with all strength and being, and to love others in me with Jesus’ love.

Father,
Sometimes we do not know the words to say to You!
Continue to let Brother Alphonsus have utter trust in Jesus’ Mercy and Love. Give him also the trust that the words which he cannot express which he is feeling in his heart are being prayed by the Holy Spirit who prays with inexpressible groanings incessantly on his behalf.

Please hear the prayers of his words, but above all, his heart.

Ultimately, Father,
Help him recognize what he is called to each and everyday within his calling of being consecrated to You in the religious life.

Please, bring about Your Will in his life!

Thank You Father, we love You!

Amen, Amen!
+

I expect I’ll be needing your prayers more than you will be needing mine, but you’ll have mine just the same.

Praying…

May God Bless your vocation abundantly!

Brother Alphonsus,

I will pray for much grace for you as you follow your vocation. I came across this prayer that I hope may be of some comfort to you:

Lord Jesus,
up until now you have been quietly
preparing me to be your disciple.
Now the time of preparation is ending.
I seem to hear you say to me, as once to Peter;
“Will you also go away?”

You were saddened then by friends who failed you.
But Peter did not fail.
“Lord,” he said, “to whom shall we go?
You have the words of eternal life.”

I stand with Peter.
Through prayer and counsel,
show me, Lord,
where it is in your vineyard
that you want me to serve.
Then give me strength to be faithful.

Mary, Mother and Model,
help me to respond in generous love
to the call of your Divine Son.

Amen.

catholicdoors.com/prayers/english/p02696.htm

Morwenna, that’s an absolutely lovely prayer, inspired.
'Amen"

I only wish I could take credit for composing it :slight_smile:

I found it on the Catholic Doors site (click the link just below the prayer, above). They have many wonderful prayers there, it’s a great resource.

Dear Br. Alphonsus,

How wonderful it is to hear that you are preparing to take your final vows. How excited I was when I was preparing for mine fifteen years ago!

May God richly bless you, and accept the gift of your self-giving on November 21st, and on each day of your life thereafter as you find new ways every day to give yourself more and more to Him.

Dearest Blessed Mother, wrap your loving mantle around Br. Alphonsus and present him to your Divine Son as a pleasing gift of love and sacrifice as he gives himself totally to the Lord. Please obtain from Him for Br. Alphonsus the wisdom, strength, knowledge and grace which will allow him to always be faithful to his vows and through his vows to your Divine Son, our Loving and Merciful Lord Jesus Christ. May God’s holy will be done in Br. Alphonsus’ life! Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death. Amen.

+JMJTJ+

Bro. Alphonsus, you will be in my prayers for your vocation.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen***

Praying for you and all those who have choosen this life! I praise God for you!

Congratulations! I will certainly pray. What a great feast day to be making your final vows! My son was born on the 21st so I know.

God bless you!

Nydia

Praying for you that God may continue to bless you and enrich your life through your vocation.

carm bro

How exciting! Congratulations!

I will pray that Our Lord, Jesus, continue to fill your heart with love for Him and give you all the graces that you will need to live out your vocation.

This evening especially, I will pray for your intention and include your name in the prayer for priests.

Merciful Father, look with Your immeasurable love upon brother Alphonsus as he prepares for his final vows. Strengthen him with great fortitude and grant him ever increasing faith, faith which will move mountains! Breathe Your Holy Spirit upon him, illumining his heart to the righteousness of his current and future life. Lord, You alone gave him life, and he freely offers it back to You in service. Graciously bestow upon him an increased desire for holiness, that he might be a witness of Your love to all whom he meets. Christ Jesus, we beseech You to join our prayers with those of the Angels and Saints to form an unending petition for grace and holiness in Brother Alphonsus. We ask this through Your Heavenly, Holy and Eternal Name, God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

Let’s keep praying for Bro. Alphonsus. His special day is drawing near. :gopray:

prayers for you…

kate

LORD Jesus
Help and Guide Ur Son

you are in my prayer

Keeping you in my prayers…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.