My first confession

well i confessed for the first time today. it was the most liberating experience. i went to my RCIA director and asked her when our penance is and its not until march 24th. i told her that i have such a heavy feeling on my chest about my sins. she said that we can talk to the priest and see if he would do it. and he said yes, after mass would be a great time. so i attended daily mass and after mass we went into the confessional together. and i cried and told him everything. and he just looked at me with such compassion in his eyes and told me that its okay and he told me my penance that i need to do tonight. we said the “our Father” together and he absolved me from my sins.

the weight has been lifted and i feel LIGHT!! i feel sooooo good!

and today is my 10 year wedding anniversary!!

what a great gift to myself and to my husband who can enjoy ME today without the burdens of my past sins!!:smiley:

That’s wonderful. I am so happy for you. And I’m sure it was a wonderful anniversary for you and your husband. Welcome home!

Congratulations, it is truly a wonderful feeling …

Whenever I hear such a first communion story, I can’t help but think about Matthew 11:

(Mat 11:29) Take up my yoke upon you, and learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart: And you shall find rest to your souls.

(Mat 11:30) For my yoke is sweet and my burden light.

Honestly I must admit some degree of envy for you converts, particularly the catechumins. How sweet, to remember receiving the grace of God at your baptism? How wonderful to experience an adult first communion.

My first confession was when I was very young, I remember only generalities about it. Most unfortunetly my parents weren’t ones to bring us to regular confession, something my childeren will certainly get to experince.

Oh well, on the flip side I got to grow up with this beautiful faith. So I guess both CC’s and Converts get thier own unique gifts in that regard.

That is awesome! Congratualtions!

Jesus is amazing, eh?

my 9 year old daughter will do her first confession on March 24th. We are practicing the Act of Contrition so she knows it by heart. i am so proud of her as well taking this journey with me. my youngest will have her first communion next year …shes eager already:p

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.