My first Healing Mass - comments :)

I attended my very first Healing Mass last night. I had posted yesterday asking for advice or comments, prior to me going so that I would be more prepared. All that advice was very helpful.

The Mass was somewhat charismatic, and overall very nice. The Mass itself was not much longer than a “normal” Mass. Afterward, they processed through the church with the Monstrance holding the Lord. That was very powerful. One of the priests “prophesied” about some parishoners the Lord was speaking to him, or the other priests, about. That was new to me.

Afterward, people could go up to any of a number of the priests for personal prayer. As previous posters mentioned, some people did “rest in the Spirit” - which appears as fainting. There were people around to catch them as they fell. It made me nervous as I moved forward in the line, but I kept telling myself just to be open to God and whatever happens, happens. It wasn’t “scary”, just different.

When it was my turn, I told the priest what I wanted healing for. He laid his hands on my head, and I believe, spoke in tongues. I heard him speaking, couldn’t understand what he was saying, but it reminded me of how I would think Jewish people would speak… I have no real experience with that either, but it just made me think that.

Then I understood him and what he was saying for the second half of the prayer. I heard him ask for the Holy Spirit to come to me, and mentioned all the things I had said to him. I felt weak but I had my knees locked and perhaps if I hadn’t I may have wobbled but I don’t know. I do know I started crying - tears just ran and ran and I just let them. Then he anointed my head and the palms of my hands, and said a final blessing, and I went back to my pew. And bawled! I just cried and cried, (quietly of course). I figured something must want to come out.

I consider this to have been a good experience and I would attend another Healing Mass/service again.

Thought I would share…

How wonderful. The gift of healing through tears.

You attended a Mass with the addition of administering the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick. A great vehicle for healing and joy in the Power of the Lord.

This is not to be confused with the Charismatic healing Mass whereby the prayers, anointing and laying on of hands are by laypersons. Another gift of the Holy Spirit for healing and joy.

ALL Masses are for healing and it is in our individual approach and mental and spiritual preparation whereby we receive the healing the Lord wants us to receive, always.

Praise God!

I’m glad God was able to show you just another way his love is present in his church!

Josh

ahhh the tears…don’t I know those tears…
Thank you for sharing. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.