My first Reconciliation

On Saturday night I had my first sacrament of reconciliation on my RCIA RETREAT!

It was FANTASTIC!

I have spent a couple years now on the internet, this forum, head in books, etc… And I have convinced myself of the Catholic Faithand shared that conviction with many.

All the apologetics in the world though are mere rubbish, in comparison to the power of God I felt in the Sacrament on Saturday. It was more than emotion…it was something unlike anything I have ever experienced.

The Holy Spirit was there, I felt his healing forgiveness and love when the priest absolved me, I wept at the love and beauty I felt.

I had been nervous about recounting thirty years of sin to the priest, but not anymore. It was amazing.

I cannot wait for the next sacraments at Easter!

I just wanted to share with all of you who have helped me along in this journey!

Welcome home Jon. God bless you on your RCIA journey. Remember the Holy Spirit is always there to guide you. Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. I’ll be praying for you at the Easter Vigil.

:thumbsup:

God bless you, friend. :slight_smile:

:clapping::extrahappy:

So happy for you Jon!
Clare

How wonderful for you! You experienced the Divine Mercy first hand!
My 11yo son came out after his First Reconciliation and said…“Mom…Y’know how the Wii baseball players don’t have any legs sometimes? Well that’s how I feel! So light and free, it’s like I don’t have any legs!”:smiley:
So sweet and such a blessing from the Holy Spirit to be forgiven…

Glory to God forever.

Jon, your testimony really moved me.
May our good God grant you even more experience like that,
and may the confessional always be a place of uncounted blessings to you!

Wonderful!

Thanks for sharing.

Jon, isn’t the love and mercy of Christ so awesome!!! Your reconciliation experience reminds me of one of my favorite verses in Scripture…JN 6:44 " No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draw him, and I will raise him up on the last day." God has certainly chosen you, He has you in His loving arms and soon you will get to experience the rest of what Christ has to offer if you continue reading John chapter six!!! Congrats, God bless, and welcome home my brother in Christ!!!

It is so interesting that you share this. The theme of our retreat was “God has chosen me”

There is not one doubt in my mind that God uses the Sacraments to impute tremendous grace on his children!

A powerful quote shared with me this weekend;

God has created me to do Him some definite service. He has committed some work to me which He has not committed to another. I have my mission. I may never know it in this life, but I shall be told it in the next. I am a link in a chain, a bond of connection between persons.

He has not created me for naught. I shall do good; I shall do His work.

I shall be an angel of peace, a preacher of truth in my own place,
while not intending it if I do but keep His commandments.

Therefore, I will trust Him, whatever I am, I can never be thrown away. If I am in sickness, my sickness may serve Him, in perplexity, my perplexity may serve Him. If I am in sorrow, my sorrow may serve Him. He does nothing in vain. He knows what He is about. He may take away my friends. He may throw me among strangers. He may make me feel desolate, make my spirits sink, hide my future from me. Still, He knows what He is about.

-Blessed John Henry Newman

Jon, I have no doubt God has chosen you, and you know exactly what I mean. There is no mistaken it is there? You have no idea how happy I am for you!! I am a revert, I was lost for over 25 years, then boom! The Lord called me back home and my wife who had no religion at the time into the Church. Its been three years and my heart still burns and I can’t get enough of my faith and the Sacraments!!! Our Church just got a great treasure in you to be one with us and I will be thanking Him tonight. God bless you my friend and brother in Christ!!!

:extrahappy::tiphat:

Thank you sir, I definitely am amazed by the miracles in my life since I started this journey. I was truly lost and now found.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.