My freinds are getting divorced

Asking for sincere and wholehearted prayers for my two freinds, Teri and Dave, who are nearing divorce. They have four beautiful children.

I love them both, but why is it always a given that the children go with the mother? How awful to be a man and have his children taken from him because the parents cannot live in the same house peacefully.

This whole thing is really taking its toll on me. I can think of little else. Truely, when a divorce occurs, it effects the whole community!

Many thanks to anyone willing to pray for these two.

Praying for this family…

Sorry to hear of your friends divorce. It is very sad for all included and those who love those involved. I will keep this family and their children in my prayers and for you also. It truly is devestating to the children, friends, and the couple going through this.

I make a point of praying for families who are struggling and/or nearing separation or divorce. Your friends will definitely be in my prayers.

Gertie

Not always a given. My eldest son is raising his two children as a single parent, while running his own business.
The breakdown of marriages has a ripple effect on family and friends. I know a lot of families who have shared parenting, equal time with each parent. Even that isn’t ideal as the children have two separate homes. I don’t think the consequences of divorce are ever ideal. Shared parenting is the preferred procedure in my country’s family courts now.

Even though it seems to have been decided for separation, we can still all pray for hope and reconciliation…and that these two, Teri and Dave, can fully recognise their own and each others’ issues, and learn to communicate wisely and caringly, and hopefully reconcile. Failing that we pray for the best outcome for this separated couple and their children.
Your sorrow…yes it’s a cause for great sorrow, and we who don’t even know them feel sadness too. We ask God’s merciful and powerful help for this family

I will pray for you. I understand your pain.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying very hard for their reconciliation!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.