My Friend Who Has Both a Call for Vocation and Passion for Dance, Help Please?

Hello,

A friend of mine asked me to put this thread on here:

He is debating with himself as to what to do with his life. He has a strong devotion for God and feels called to the Priesthood or to purely Catholic apologetics. On the other hand, he has a passion for dance that he tries to balance out with his Catholic life. He wants y’alls advice as to what he should do. Should he seek out this vocation and answer the call of God or respond to his love of dance?

Any suggestions would be appreciated for him.

God’s blessings!

-Landon (on behalf of Chris)

Hello. :slight_smile:

This is just my personal opinion, but God is more important than dance. Plus, even if he does become a priest, I’m sure dance can be something he does in his spare time. Priests are humans, they have hobbies. There are priests that like to hunt, fish, etc.

God Bless. :highprayer:

The most important thing is to listen to the call of the Spirit. God can use both the talents of an apologist AND the talent of a dancer to communicate his love and offer of salvation. To think otherwise is to limit the power of God to work in our lives and the ways he uses in his lives.

Your friend needs to be open to the calling of the Spirit and he will find where God wants him to be

This priest is also a priest yet he is also involved in dance
From the wikipedia biography of Enrique Figaredo Alvargonzalez

[SIGN]Dance tours have been an initiative fostered by Figaredo in order to promote Cambodia, its culture and its reality.[6] It is also a means of raising funds for the aid and development projects in Cambodia. Up to date there have been three dance tours in the years 2000, 2005 and 2008.[/SIGN]

There are priests that sing hymns-why can’t there be priest who dance-especially if such dances are praise and thanksgiving to the Father who has ordained us with our good talents and skills

Good Luck to your friend’s journey
And Godbless to both of you

He will be an awesome priest. You can sing and dance praising the Lord, especially with Psalms. That is what many of the ancients did. Or he can be a priest and on the side volunteer to teach people how to dance. :slight_smile:

I have a friend who is a Franciscan. He performs pairs roller skating and competes within a 6 hour drive of his home.

And he doesn’t wear brown on the rink. :wink:

As long as he doesn’t try Liturgical Dance, it’s all good.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.