my friend...

My best friend told me today that the girl he had sex with 3 months ago, is 3 months pregnant. He hasn’t seen her, and thinks she is lying. He told me she’s keeping the baby because she can’t afford an abortion and he was going to try and give her money for one. He’s atheist, I’m catholic. I told him I was his best friend, but I would never support an abortion. I told him he willingly had sex with this girl, and thats what happens when you have sex. I told him if he asked me or my family for money so she could get an abortion, i would never speak to him again. If he gives her money for an abortion, would I in good conscience still be able to be his friend? I’ve known this guy my whole life and he’s basically my adopted brother. Its very hard for me to hear this, especially about him wanted her to abort the pregnancy. Any advice would be appreciated as well as prayers for this possible pregnancy and this scary situation.

Praying hard for romancatholic94 and all those involved in this situation.

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with you.
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Mother Mary, please make your intentions in this matter come true. I entrust this unborn baby to your loving care.

Hail Mary…

Amen.

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.