My friend's suicide

I lost a friend to suicide Wednesday morning. I am having a really hard time with this. If severe depression does not come from God, where does it come from? I am trying really hard to understand why this happened.

God only gives us good things. He is good all the time. If its bad its from Satan.

Be assured that God understands. He knows that people only take their own lives because they’ve been duped by the devil. He will still offer them a chance to be saved after death.
Start thanking God for His great grace and goodness and that your friend is in heaven today.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Mother of Sinners, come down upon your children, and caress us in our pains and our fears. Pray for Saphire and for her friend.

Praying for the repose of your friend’s soul & for their family & for you.

Praying for your friend, your friend’s family and all those who were close to them…

I am very sorry. I do not severe depression comes from God.

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.