My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

Lovely, thank you! :smiley:

0 Likes

:rolleyes: Your heresy isn’t even original. Albigensianism, anyone?

Search Zundrah’s threads. She has no serious intentions. She just riles people up. Don’t allow her to get you worried about her. She plays the people on this board like a violin.

0 Likes

Says the person who loves vile language.
Anyone with a sense of humanity would see by my threads that i came onto this site with intensions of joining the catholic church and looking up on it here at CAF.

0 Likes

The “vile” word I used in the one PM I ever sent you starts with CR and ends with P.

Yeah, I swear like a sailor, I do. :rolleyes:

0 Likes

I put you on my ignore list but I took you striahgt off of it as soon as you posted…

0 Likes

Look at this;

PRAYER TO THE WOUNDED
Heal my wounds, O Lord, if they are the wounds that offend You.
Deepen my wounds, O Lord, if they are the wounds that glorify You.
Amen.

I love it, I just got it on a website! :smiley:

0 Likes

Let’s not judge someones intention, eventually it is God who works the miracle of faith and what we offer to ones intellect in charity is used by God to understand the faith. Also, getting used to answering someones objections makes one better at apologetics.

Jesus showed His faith in the Father by His use of the 22nd Psalm:
1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
Why are you so far from saving me,
so far from the words of my groaning?..

4 In you our fathers put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them. …

5 They cried to you and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not disappointed.

Due to the Hypostatic union, Jesus could not lose faith, He is God and could not lose faith in Himself. He was pointing out the Psalm by saying the first sentence of the Psalm, like the encyclicals of the Church are titled by the first words of the encyclical. Like the rest of His life, He is teaching by His actions, as we are to do too.

0 Likes

This was probably a mistake.

0 Likes

There’s a lot of suffering in the world, I agree. When things get you down, look at the cross and ask if He was treated fairly.

Imagine, God knew from before time began that we would screw things up and He would have to make Himself into a little helpless human baby on this tiny planet, grow up among a bunch of screw-ups (i.e., your typical human beings) and suffer incredibly for every single time every single human being sinned. If I were Him, I’d say, scrap the humans; let’s move on to plan B. But, He loved us so incredibly much that He said, ‘no, we’ll continue on with this and redeem them’ and so, we are here, through no merit of our own.

The suffering is an opportunity for us to share in the sufferings of Christ, to ask Him to let us share – in our small way – in what He’s done for us. We need to die to ourselves and this is part of the deal.

Anyway, we all feel forsaken from time to time – some people more than others. Just remember that our Lord is a lot smarter than you and trust Him to guide you. One of the psalms has a phrase, something like ‘your word, Lord, is a lamp unto my feet.’ Those lamps in OT times were pretty dim, just lit wicks that allowed people to see where their foot would land next – not to see what was in the distance ahead. That’s how we need to be with God. Take His hand and let Him guide you through the dark times. (You know, He really is pretty smart. He knows what He’s doing, even if we don’t get it.)

Sorry for the rambling.

God bless,
Dan

0 Likes

You’re exactly right!. It’s very obvious by reading her posts. She has over 1600 post in a 2 month window,

0 Likes

No, you didn’t ramble. We all need to let go of heavy weights that we have been carrying around for years. Let Christ carry those weights for you, like he did on the cross.

God bless

xxX zundrah Xxx

0 Likes

Zundrah

You pose an interesting question. but I have a question for you. Is it that you are suffering and would like the Lord to remove some burden from you?

0 Likes

Yes… it is…

0 Likes

Ten thousand difficulties do not make one doubt.
John Henry Newman

0 Likes

I wish I had an answer, but all I have is another question. If God is all-knowing, then he must have known that Adam and Eve would sin. Then why punish them for doing what He knew they would do, and punish the rest of us in perpetuity?

0 Likes

I think you said it best in your question. Even Jesus suffered and struggled. We’re supposed to live our lives down here and have struggles but use our faith in God to get us through. Not only do we prove our love for God, but it makes Heaven all the better and more appealing so we strive to get there.

0 Likes

Without the cross there is no resurrection. Just keep praying and leaning on the Lord.

0 Likes

In order to live with God in the Eternity of His Vision, we must make a full acceptance of Him with the ability to reject Him through our freewill. This acceptance is rooted in what He created us with, the natural law, that is the “law written on our hearts” and revealed more fully in the 10 commandments. Our acceptance now in suffering leads to future glory in the Beatific Vision of heaven. Rejection now by the acceptance of worldly pleasures is the rejection of God and eternal perdition. Without the ability to freely reject God, one cannot fully accept Him. It will be worth it “but as it is written, Things which eye saw not, and ear heard not, And which entered not into the heart of man, Whatsoever things God prepared for them that love him”.

0 Likes

Hello Jennifer,

When Jesus cried out, He was citing scripture. Read Psalms 22, and understand the deliverance that He gives is truly, God’s Love.

0 Likes

closed #40
0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.