My Grandfather needs payers

At dinner this evening, my dad started talking about his father back in Chile, (I haven’t seen him since I was really young.) he said that he thinks that he is “loosing the will to live.” Apparently he is loosing his hearing and doesn’t want hearing-aids. Because he can’t hear people, he has difficulty speaking with them and thus withdraws from them. Additionally, he doesn’t like going out for walks and so he stays home, this makes his legs weak, and thus, he needs help getting into bed every night, this makes him depressed.

My dad thinks he’s nearing the end of his life, while my mom says people in that state can live quite awhile longer. Either way, please pray for the wellbeing of both his life and soul, and pray also, that he can receive whatever help he needs.

1 Like

I’m praying for your grandfather. May the Lord restore his hearing and give him a desire to live. May the Lord also heal your grandfather’s legs.

1 Like

St. Anthony Prayer of the Elderly

O loving St. Anthony, patron saint of the elderly, I ask your
special prayers for @YehoiakhinEx232’s grandfather and
all other elderly people.

Pray, beloved saint, that they are grateful for the years they
have lived, content with their place in life, have hearts and
minds that are full of happy memories and thankful thoughts,
that they are blessed with good health, and that they are
examples of Christian living for all they love and meet.

Please pray that if they are tested with illness, suffering,
loneliness, or the death of loved ones that they be blessed
with God’s peace and comfort, strength and courage.

And when their time comes to enter into eternal life,
I pray you welcome them into Heaven where, along with
you, they might praise God forever and ever. Amen.

By Ann Fitch

1 Like

Hail Mary
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of death,
Amen

1 Like

Prayed that your grandfather’s zest to live will return, and may his legs strengthen and his ears hear properly again, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 Like

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

1 Like

Merciful Lord we ask Your blessing for his soul, mind, and body,
and that is is offered and accepts all that he requires to live a wholesome physical and spiritual life.

1 Like

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

1 Like

Hail Mary
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of death, Amen.

1 Like

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

1 Like

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on YehoiakhinEx232, his family, his grandfather and on the whole world (x10)

God, Heavenly Father, in the name of Jesus of Nazareth, Your only-begotten Son, I beg You to have mercy on the person this post is for in this their hour of need and to hear my prayer for their intentions. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

1 Like

Prayers for your family.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.