My Grandmother is dying

She entered into what was described as her “last hours” this morning. The nurses say if she makes it through the night, it’ll be…something (their words).

Over the past five years, she’s lost all her faculties of movement and speech. She’s been bedridded for the last few months, and on a feeding tube, unable to swallow. Despite her inability to speak, she is still entirely…present, that is to say, she’s lost none of her mental capacity. She’s still herself, she’s just trapped in an invalid’s body.

So, she’ll be leaving us pretty soon, and I was wondering what sort of prayers should be prayed, as I understand there are some for the souls of the deceased.

Further, she’ll be the first McCameron (in a while) to die having not converted to Catholicism. I was wondering if I should at all be concerned (She’s Baptist, and a faithful one at that, so I’m not too terribly concerned).

Well, thank you for you replies, oh, and please pray for her!

Praying for your Grandmother.

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty yourself out upon us…and upon this grandmother.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us. I trust in You!

Jesus please claim Your faithful daughter,
and bless and comfort her family.
Thank You, Jesus

:gopray:

Praying the chaplet of Divine Mercy for her right now!

J+M+J

Loving Father, tonight we place into Your care the soul of Dtmccameron’s grandmother. We know that You will call her soon from this earth, and we pray that her death will be a safe, peaceful one. Jesus, our Savior and Lord, take the hand of Your daughter and lead her through the dark valley of death to the gates of Paradise. We pray that, when her moment comes, the saints and angels may come to meet her and welcome her into heaven. You have blessed her with family, friends, and so many good things during her time on earth; may she be blessed to enjoy the Beatific Vision, praising You forever and ever. Amen.

Holy Saint Joseph, patron of a happy death, pray for her.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory Be to the Father
and to the Son
and to the Holy Spirit
as it was in the beginning
is now, and ever shall be
world without end
Amen

:hug3: :crossrc:

Praying for your grandmother…

God accepted His daughter into His kingdom this evening, at 7:30.

A saint on this earth, having been a witness to Christ’s love and Christian charity wherever she went, she now joins he sisters, mother, and her two children, my aunt and uncle, who died shortly after birth.

Again, your prayers are requested, but especially for my Grandfather. He is from that strong generation of men, which never wept or showed any weakness. The grief upon his face was really more than I could bear.

(And I wanted to thank you all for your prayers! Your charity and kindness was truly inspiring and entirely surprising!)

Father, please welcome this grandmother into Your presence and grant her prayers for her family, and especially her grieving husband.
Father please have compassion on this man in the loss of his beloved wife.
Please give him, and his family, comfort and support.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

May the soul of your faithful servant find rest and peace, O Lord and grant comfort and strength to her husband and family.

May she rest in Peace O, Lord
prayer said for her and you and all the families members.

Our Father
Hail Mary
Glory Be. Amen
:gopray2: :highprayer: :highprayer: :highprayer: :crossrc:

What is her name?

May God have mercy on the soul of your grandmother…May she go into the light of Christ’s loving house and forever feel his warmth and love till eternity…Jesus ,we know she is at peace in your house, please heal the pain from her husband on earth…Take away his numbing pain of loss ,and let him feel your love, surround him with kind and loving people that will help him through this sad time…Lord , let him know that his wife will be waiting to open the door for him someday ,but till then ,let him find purpose in this life…and strength in you father…In Jesus Name we pray…Amen…Warmly, LynneMarie

Eternal Rest grant unto her Oh Lord
Let perpetual light shine on her
May she rest in peace
Amen

Praying for you and your family in your sorrow

Praying for your Grandmother and family

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord. And may your Perpetual Light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.