My Grandmother needs prayers

hi everyone,

Wed morning my Grandmother Jesse went into the hospital for an aortic valve replacement. We were told that it would be a simple surgery that she is very strong. But then after she got into recovery there just seemed to be complication after complication. she coded once, and now she’s still on the ventilator, barely stable, and her lungs are filled with fluid. although she has made a slight improvement since yesterday.

i’m hopeful that she’ll pull through, although part of me is being pestimistic. medically i think she just needs time. but my grandfather larry is having a hardtime understanding everything. he’s getting old, and most of this medical stuff is new to him, not to mention that his close friend was on a ventilator/life support a few months ago and didn’t make it. plus their 64th anniversary is in 2 weeks. i hate seeing him like this, he’s all but given up hope no matter what we say to him.

i just hope that someone will help me pray for my grandmother to pull through, and for my grandfather, he’s having such a hard time and its breaking my heart. they already had to bury my father (their only child) 10 years ago, as well as many family members since and i don’t know how much more he can really handle.

thank you,
ashley

Lord, I pray for Ashley’s grandparents. By your grace, may her grandmother continue to improve and be well enough to be taken off all the apparatus that is connected to her. Grant her a full recovery, Lord, I beg you. If it is your will, grant Ashley’s grandmother health and Ashley’s grandfather hope. May they both grow to have more faith in you as a result of this trial they are going through and come to love you and have hope in you more than ever before. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Prayers sent for your Grandparents (& you). :gopray2:

Ashley, I’ll beg the Lord for you that your grandmother will recover now.
I ask Jesus to surround your grandmother, you and your family with light and love and peace.

Loving Father,
we give you all praise and glory
for your mercy and love.
We thank you for granting Jesse a safe recovery,
and we ask you to contiue to protect her.

Father, we ask this blessing through Jesus Christ our Lord
in the love of your Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.

Amen.

Lord Jesus,
we rejoice in your loving kindness that is revealed to Jesse
in the support and love of
her family.
Renew and strengthen their love
by the presence of Jesus
who gave his life upon the cross
for the salvation of the world.
Support them in this difficult time
with your joy and peace each day.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayer,
for you are Lord,
for ever and ever.

Amen.

Ashley, please know that I am praying for your grandparents.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers. Amen

Continued prayers……

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.