My Grandpa Gets His Toe Amputated Friday

Hey everyone. My Grandpa is going to have his toe amputated on Friday. He has an infection in the bone of his toe. During the surgery they will figure out if there is infection in any of the other bones. If there is then they will have to amputate more than just his toe. Please keep him in your prayers. He’s close to, if not already, 80 years old.

I am praying.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

***Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

:crossrc:***

Praying for your Grandpa.

Thank you all so much for your prayers for my Grandpa.

My Grandpa is a living miracle. He has had 5 or possibly 6 heart attacks in his life time. The first one happened in the mid 1980s when I was just a very young child. His doctor at the time told him that if he did not quit smoking he would not live. He quit smoking cold turkey and has never once picked up a cigarette since. He has survived every heart attack that he has had. He has also survived one stroke and a few mini strokes. In addition he has severe emphysema and one of his lungs doesn’t function at all. On top of all this and other health issues he is still alive. I tell you all of this stuff because I honestly believe with all of my heart that God had a purpose for my Grandpa. He was a vehement militant Atheist for many years until this year. He finally became a Christian and was baptized in a Southern Baptist church in my town. So to sum it up, God does answer prayers. He has mightily answered prayers in my Grandpa’s case… many times. Stay encouraged and keep praying!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.