My Grandparents

A year and a half ago my grandpa had a massive heart attack. Well, he recovered surprisingly to the doctors. Anyway, both he and his wife are having some troubles again. They both went to the hospital because a heart valve wasn’t closing properly. My grandpa went in a few days ago and is in rehab now. They said he is too old to survive surgery, so he can’t have it done. He’s 89. My grandma is 85. She just went in at 2:30 this morning. Her doctor is talking to another doctor about the surgery. I doubt they will give it to her, though. She had one 25 years ago I guess. When she was a kid she had really bad rheumatic fever that hardened her valve according to my dad. Please pray for them. Also, pray for me. If it’s their time to go, it will affect me horribly I fear. They are my favorite grandparents. Plus, no one in my family has died since I was in elementary school. We tend to live forever in my family. Thanks.

May God flood you and your loved ones with His peace.

Praying for your Grandparents and you and for your family.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Children

Holding your Grandparents in my prayers.

Merciful Jesus, during Your life on earth You showed great concern for the sick and the infirm. Have compassion now on psr13’s grandparents who are ill. Grant them a healing of mind and body and restore their strength and spirit.Comfort them with the knowledge that we are praying for them and their family, and give them peace with a sense of Your presence. May they know that in a special way they are united with You, their suffering Christ. May they contribute to the welfare of the Whole People of God by associating themselves freely with Your passion and death for the salvation of the world. Bless, too, those who take care of the sick. In their own time of need, bestow on them a hundredfold the blessings they have given to others. Amen

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.
:signofcross:

I thank God for the long lives of your family members, and that your grandparents mean so much to you, and that you share so much love with them. What a wonderful grace!
I ask God to continue to bless them both with love and peace, and to fill your own heart with peace at your wonderful shared memories.
I ask Jesus to comfort you in seeing your loved grandparents suffering ill-health, and that He will be there for them and for each of your family at all times.

Lord Jesus,
you were born of the Virgin Mary,
the daughter of Saints Joachim and Anne.
Look with love on grandparents the world over.
Protect them! They are a source of enrichment
for families, for the Church and for all of society.
Support them! As they grow older,
may they continue to be for their families
strong pillars of Gospel faith,
guardian of noble domestic ideals,
living treasuries of sound religious traditions.
Make them teachers of wisdom and courage,
that they may pass on to future generations the fruits
of their mature human and spiritual experience.

Lord Jesus,
help families and society
to value the presence and roles of grandparents.
May they never be ignored or excluded,
but always encounter respect and love.
Help them to live serenely and to feel welcomed
in all the years of life which you give them.
Mary, Mother of all the living,
keep grandparents constantly in your care,
accompany them on their earthly pilgrimage,
and by your prayers, grant that all families
may one day be reunited in our heavenly homeland,
where you await all humanity
for the great embrace of live without end. Amen!

(by His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI in 2008)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.