My Great Aunt is dying from cancer

Good day all,

I come to ask for assistance in praying for my great aunt. She has been suffering from cancer for some time now. I understand that it has spread throughout her body and the doctors no longer think that chemo-therapy is helpful. Moreover, she cannot handle the side effects of the therapy anymore.

Family members are making arrangements to visit her. My great aunt and uncle live in a different state that me and some family members. We do not know how much longer she will live. It could be a couple weeks or two or three months. This has taken a serious toll on my great uncle.

I do not want to doubt the Lord and His ability to grant miracles, but I feel as though He is calling her home. Please pray

1. that my great aunt is comforted in these times, that she finds peace with the Lord, and takes advantage of this time to seek forgiveness for her sins. (I cannot envision her having many sins, but I don’t know her past or religious practices that well.)

2. that my great uncle is also comforted and that he receives peace and understanding, that he trusts in the Lord’s plan. I also fear that he too may soon pass after my great aunt out of despair and loneness.

3. that the Lord gives family members enough time to visit her.

4. that the family members are kept safe while they travel.

I know this is a lot, but thank you for your prayers.

Your brother in Christ.

Dear Lord, for these requests I pray Our Father…

Our brother in Christ, I ask our heavenly Father that your great aunt is comforted in these times, that she finds peace with the Him, and takes advantage of this time to seek forgiveness for her sins. I ask that she will feel the loving presence of Jesus and that He will complete in her heart all that He desires. “Amen” to her prayers for herself and her family.

Heavenly Father, I pray our brother’s great uncle is also comforted and that he receives peace and understanding, that he trusts in the Lord’s plan. Lord, please protect him in his loeliness and sadness after his wife goes home to You.

I ask that you allow family members enough time to visit her.

I ask that the family members are kept safe while they travel. Please comfort the family and give them abundant blessings now and always.

Heavenly Father, I join these prayers with our brother and all our Prayer Warriors, in the name of Your Son Jesus.

Prayers promised

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

+JMJTJ+

These intentions will be in my prayers.

*Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Praying to St. Peregrine for her!

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for your Aunt, uncle, and all your family members during this time of suffering.

May the gracious and loving Lord hear our prayer intentions and grant the favors which you request. May His Divine love be always with your family, and especially with your great aunt and uncle during this time of sorrow. May all who travel to see her for perhaps the last time arrive safely and return safely, accompanied by their angels. May the merciful Father of all mercies allow the two of them to enjoy their time together, and lead them to greater faith. We ask this through Christ, our Lord, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

Amen!

UPDATE

My Great Aunt (Enid) passed away August 13th. She had her immediate family members around her and she received her last rites.

Please pray for her and her husband (Benny). They were married for about 65 years.

Lord in Heaven, how great You are! You have graciously called your beloved Enid home, out of Your unfathomable love of her. You mercifully instituted the Sacrament of Anointing to prepare her for eternity. She has no need of our prayers now, being cradled at Your bosom in eternal love. We praise Your Holy Name! Now, Father, cast Your merciful gaze upon her beloved husband, and those sorrowing family members who remain. Strengthen them, O Heavenly source of love, so that they may bear up to the loss they have suffered. Remind them, Lord, that Enid no longer suffers, and is shedding only tears of joy to behold Your Divine Countenance. Graciously fill them with hope and increase their faith throughout this time of trial. We beseech you to join our prayers with those of the Angels and Saints to form an unending petition for mercy upon her beloved survivors. We ask this through Christ, our Lord, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

closed #13

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.