My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance

What A Great Promise. - The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Heart shall be their assured refuge at the last hour.

The Sacred Heart: Fire of Love, Refuge from Evil
KATHLEEN BECKMAN

:thumbsup:

Amen.

I think my uncle told me something about this but I thought you were able to release someone from purgatory by doing this. Is the only requirement to attend Mass 9 first Fridays? In order? Do we have to be without attachment to sin? This one seems kinda easy…is there a catch?

Hi Blessedwithfive,

Mass attendance involves going to Mass on nine consecutive First Fridays.

But by growing in the spirituality of the Sacred Heart, the nine consecutive First Friday Masses give way to striving toward greater and greater union with Christ.

Many of those who start with the nine First Friday Masses then continue to explore the spirituality of the Sacred Heart throughout their lifetimes, and begin attending more first Friday Masses and weekday Masses, spending time in adoration before the Lord, making acts of reparation to Him, etc etc.

I reached a much greater understanding of the Sacred Heart devotion after beginning to read some of the many excellent books and publications about the Sacred Heart. In my link in the footer below, several Sacred Heart devotees have included links to good books and publications that could be useful.

In the meantime, these explanations are a quick read, by the Missionaires of the Sacred Heart, US province:

misacor-usa.org/index.php/spirituality/soh

misacor-usa.org/index.php/spirituality/sacred-heart

I love the Sacred Heart. Thanks for posting this. May many find themselves turned to His Most Holy Heart for refuge and strength.

Glenda

Agreed.

This week Father Ottavio de Bertolis, SJ, wrote some wonderful reflections and additional explanations about devotion to the Sacred Heart (link below) . The title reads “Fridays of the Sacred Heart in Asia,” but the reflections are not specific to any one country.

asianews.it/news-en/The-Fridays-of-the-Sacred-Heart-for-Asia-31432.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.