My husband has had surgery complications

Please pray for my husband, Pat. His elective surgery went very well 3 weeks ago but continued to drain, then became infected after we’d returned home 850 miles away. Since returning to the hospital, he has become much worse. He hasn’t wanted to eat since last Friday and has been on IV’s. His pain from the pressure of the fluids was so intense over the weekend he was screaming and writhing in pain for 2 days. They have most of the pain controlled and the infection is being treated but they still need to keep him mostly sedated which makes it hard to get nutrition into him.

There have been some very scary moments and I have prayed and prayed for his recovery and also for him to welcome the Lord into his life and live according to God’s will instead of thinking he is in charge. He said he used to pray as a kid but he leaves that kind of stuff up to me and the kids now. A few weeks ago, I’d asked him if he would pray for his health and he said that was a last resort. He is now not able to pray for himself, he is too often out of his head with fever, pain/drugs and never developed the habit of prayer.

Please pray for him, for a return to health and for a conversion of heart.
St Gemma, patron of back problems and conversion of sinners, pray for us!

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen

Praying for your husband Pat’s health & recovery.

**Holy Mother, please intercede for us.
Hold the sorrowful, strengthen the fearful,
give aid to all needing help or healing,
assist those who are sick, in pain or suffering,
be with those needing peace, console the lonely,
comfort the lost or hopeless, guard the unborn,
mother the abused, neglected, unwanted or forgotten,
protect those who are in danger,
pray for those who are dying or who have died,
soften those with hardened hearts,
enlighten those who do not yet see truth,
help us be brave enough to let our hurt and anger go,
show us the way to do the right thing,
and guide us from every evil.
May all who keep your sacred commemoration
experience the might of your assistance.
Amen :gopray: **

I will be praying for you and your husband Pat. May you both receive the love of God very soon. Many blessings!

:gopray:

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
and the Glory for ever and ever.
Amen
~
O my God, leaning on your great power and your promises, I hope with a firm reliance obtain forgiveness of my sins, the help of Thy grace and eternal life, through the merits of Jesus Christ my Savior.
Amen
~
Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.
Amen

:signofcross:

I will remember your husband in the Divine Mercy chaplet this afternoon…if you have the presence of mind to do so, I would suggest that you also say it on his behalf. God bless.

St. Gemma, pray for us!
Guardian angel of 57Classic’s husband, do thou pray and intercede for thy charge.
St. Faustina, pray for us!
Holy Spirit, have mercy on us and come to our aid!
Amen.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and in the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Amen

My husband used to pray, too, when he was little. He’s so against everything religious now. But, in the last few years when things get hectic, someone gets ill or in trouble, I’ve asked him to pray the Our Father with me and HE HAS! Now we say it every morning for the family and for special cases. Maybe he will pray just that prayer with you. I always tell my DH, “remember it says where two or three are gathered in my name…” Whatever! It has worked and I’m glad. I’ll say prayers for you and your husband, too!!!

Dear Jesus, lover of souls, please send my friends on CAF big doses of strength, faith, peace, hope and love. Cure their ills, Jesus. I ask this because of my trust in thy great mercy.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.