My husband hits me

If you can pray for my family’s safety I really need it. He is always emotionally (especially) and physically abusing me. Just the other night he hit me 7 or 8 times because I had the heat up too much in the house. He is fine one moment and horrible the next. His screw ups are always my fault. We have one child.

I know you say to leave, and I would but I think he’s dangerous and he has threatened us before - he said once he would kill my family and then when i told the priest my husband told him he never would and was just mad. He wants me to leave and he wants our child. Never in a million years. I stay because I believe he would flee with our child. Our child is scared of him as well. And because I am not screaming or threatening our child all the time, my husband believes I am a bad parent because I can’t make our child act and be a certain way.

I just need help.

Praying for you and your child in this situation. Also, that you may have the courage to do what is right and bravely walk away from the abuse and seek help.

IFeelHelpless,

You and your child are in our prayers. Your cry for help has touched my heart and I offer you the following advice as if you were my sister.

I strongly encourage you to contact:

The National Domestic Violence Hotline
Call 1-800-799-7233 or 1-800-787-3224 (TTY).
E-mail assistance is available at ndvh@ndvh.org.

They can provide crisis intervention and referrals to a local service provider in your area.

There are organizations and shelters available to help and protect you from an abusive spouse. Many shelters have safe houses where your husband will not be able to find you.

Violence against women, inside or outside the home, is never justified. Violence in any form—physical, sexual, psychological, or verbal—is sinful; often, it is a crime as well. You are not obligated to stay in this situation.

If the circumstances are as you describe, you are in grave danger of severe physical injury and even death. Your first obligation is you and your child’s safety and well being. Call the hotline and follow their advice. You don’t need to be alone. There are people out there who want to help.

If you were drowning and someone threw you a lifeline you would grap it. Do the same thing now.

God Bless,

I have said a prayer for you and your little one. You must get out, now. Your husband has a problem, and that problem is not going to get better, in the mean time, you and your child are in danger. If you won’t do it for yourself, please do it for the sake of your child.

You’re in my prayers and I emphatically second everything the other posters have said. God bless you and give you the courage to get you and your child out of this situation quickly.

Loving God,

Please help your daughter to find the strength and courage to ask for help and to remove herself and her child from this dangerous situation. Please lead her to the right source of support whether it is Catholic Charities, a Domestic Violence Hotline, or some other path. Please encourage her to be brave, plan her move, and take action to improve the safety of herself and her child.

We pray in the name of your son Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Jesus, I ask You help our sister to understand that her fear and the rationalizations are part of the power and manipulation her husband has over her. Please help her to understand the probable consequences in her child’s life now and in the future, if violence remains part of the child’s family patterning.
Jesus please may our sister be guided, strengthened, and protected by Your Love.

Jesus please give this husband understanding that violence towards his wife is never justified. Please help him to become aware and repent without trying to punish his wife or child for whatever choices that You may support for this abused woman .
“Husbands, love your wives and treat them with gentleness.” [Colossians 3:19]

Jesus have compassion on this woman who is already distressed and confused. Thank You for sending her to us that we may pray for her and surround her with Your love for her and her child in us. :grouphug:

Dear IFeelHelpless,

Please listen to OldRedleg and pray for your child’s safety as you take the action to improve your situation.

God bless you during this difficult time.

Listen to OldRedleg, please.

Amen.

I pray for the safety of you and your child and that God gives you the strength to leave a dangerous situation. You mentioned your priest and it doesn’t seem that you got any support there. I agree with OldRedleg that you need to reach out to people who specialize in helping women in your situation. You are already reaching out to fellow Catholics as your first post tells us. Remember that if there is abuse in the home and it comes to the attention of the authorities, your child could be taken away from you. Stay safe and God bless you.
Thekla

Praying so hard for you in this situation. Holy Spirit, enlighten this lady as to what she needs to do to get out of this situation. Please take the advice given to you here.

*Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

*August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world! For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world! For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world!

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!
Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us!

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

I totally support everything posted here. You have got to get out. You have to trust God that you will get out WITH YOUR CHILD and seek protection. Don’t let him do this to you. I’ve been there and I know what it is like. May God give you His Diviine guidance and the COURAGE to leave. Just call the hotline numbers listed. I believe they will even arrange to meet you and take you to a safe place. PLEASE do it for yourself and your child. May God keep him away from you until you leave. it is hard to find the courage and strength…but YOU CAN. Please, please don’t let him hurt your or your child. If you have to…go toyour priest immediately and get in touch with organizations that can help. Every church has some sort of help line for people in abusive situations. Please Please listen to what God is telling you in your heart…You know He is telling you the right road to take. We all love you and care for you…Please take action NOW and do not wait. I know it is going to be hard but you can do it.
We love you. Diane

LORD Jesus
Guide ur son.
In My opinion you should consult ur parish Priest in this matter.

I will hold you and your child in my prayers today :gopray2:

Praying for your protection through the intercession of St. Michael. May he keep you and your child safe.

I pray that God will protect you in your time of need, that he will guide you and show you the way out of this; I pray that these dark times do not cause you to stray from your faith but make you stronger. I pray that God can get through to the heart of your husband and you no longer have to suffer.
I especially pray for your child, this is a terrible situation for you all to be in, but especially a child.

"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother Of God Pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death."
Amen

Praying for your family…

Praying very hard for you and your son. Get help fast and find the courage to do it!

Please, Lord jesus touch this man and provide healing for the cause of his illness and provide safety for his wife and child from him and the world. heal this family from this afliction and bring them to you, in your name I pray, amen

You must take your child and leave now. I was married to someone that was abusive and controlling when I was young and I had the same fears that you have. It took me almost eight years of tolerating physical abuse and loosing my baby 20 weeks into the pregnancy for me to see just how dangerous he was. After that I found the courage to take my then six year old son and get away from him. Please don’t waste time; get the help that you need and get away from him.

I am praying for you and your little one.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.