My husband is getting a paycut tomorrow, please pray

My husband is going to get a paycut tomorrow, probably between 5 and 10 thousand dollars. We already don’t make a great deal of money (though it is enough for us as we don’t live beyond our means) but this is going to put us in the 20,000 dollar range, and we just bought a house a few months ago. I am in school full time so have not worked since March but now will most likely have to go back. I am not worrying an extreme amount but am hoping and praying the paycut isn’t on the 10,000 end.
Thanks!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I am praying for you.

May the Lord reveal his intentions, ease your worry, and provide for you.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry to hear this. I will be praying earnestly for your situation. I lost a very good job two years ago, and took the only job I could find which pays considerably less. It’s been a lean couple of years, but I’ve managed by the grace of God. I pray earnestly that this will not bea severe cut and that you will soon move past this difficult season in your life and on to happier times.

Be blessed.

Lord, have mercy on this family. Help them in this time of trouble. Help them to trust you in this situation because you care for us -

“Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?” (Matthew 6:26)

I will keep you in my prayers.

Sweetheart, I will pray for you with all my heart. Trust that God will carry you through this difficult time.He won`t abandon you and He will provide for you just trust Him
Love hugs and prayers. God bless:signofcross::hug1::blessyou:

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be
done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our
trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation
but deliver us from evil. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God pray for us
sinners now and at the hour of our death
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end Amen

PATER noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum. Adveniat regnum tuum. Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra. Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris. Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo. Amen.

Praying!

Thank you so much for the prayers and kind words everyone.

Continuing prayers for you and your husband …

Yikes :eek: I will remember you and your family in my daily rosary. Hope the cut was gentle. God bless :slight_smile:

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Thanks again to all. The cut was pretty bad and I have to go back to work part time, but guess what? I couldn’t be happier. Now my husband only has to work 40 hours a week and we get to actually hang out together. This never happened before and was the source of most of our problems. It has been the best week ever.

Truly proof that money is definitely not everything.

That’s one clever guy in the sky! I was out of work for five months a few years ago and had a similar experience. Glad to hear that things should work out.

Thanks, I am still sort of angry at the underhanded way his employer did it, but happy with the result. It really feels like a miracle, like I have my husband back. Before he was working so much, we never spent any time together. Now we spend almost all of his time off together.

Oh so good to hear.

May God bless you

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:blessyou:

Heavenly Father, when the burdens of this world are beyond our capacity to bear them, we come to you seeking your assistance. We now ask that you help this couple through their financial situation. If it is your will that they must take a pay-cut, open for them other means to support themselves and to meet their needs. Help them to be faithful to you and submit themselves to your will, for you only will the good of those whom you love.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.