My idiocy in my marriage

Hi,

My opinion: It always starts with the individual, in this case you. The problem has nothing to do with your husband. You, and only you have to reconcile yourself with the Catholic Church first (hopefully, your husband will follow your lead). I suggest the “5 steps” 1. Pray (The Rosary everyday) 2. Confession weekly 3. Holy Mass (the Eucharist) daily. 4. Fast (Wednesdays and Fridays, figure out what would be best for you). 5. Bible study (ie. Jeff Cavins). Your husband should do the same. When you both can stay in the state of Grace, you and your husband will grow closer and closer and discover God’s plan for you. It will not be easy. It might take many months or years and both of you probably will be tested along the way. I will pray that you perservere.

Ask for all in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The problem has nothing to do with your husband.

i disagree and so does the Catechism.

CCC 1868 Sin is a personal act. Moreover, we have a responsibility for the sins committed by others when we cooperate in them:

• by participating directly and voluntarily in them;
  • by ordering, advising, praising, or approving them;
  • by not disclosing or not hindering them when we have an obligation to do so;
  • by protecting evil-doers.

when queried whether her husband was a homosexual, carjacks reply was that he went through a ‘phase’ where he did homosexual things.

IMO, men are either straight or gay. Men don’t go through ‘gay’ phases. Carjacks husband is likely gay, and he doesn’t care that she slept with anoother guy…because he is doing the same thing!

ITA with this post.

Why did you tell your husband that you kissed a man? Were you trying to get him jealous or angry? Did you want him to tell you that you had to stop? Did you sleep with the man because you were upset with your husband’s response so it was payback? Just some questions to think about.

Hum. Hey, perhaps he’s poly-or don’t see anything wrong with polyamory…don’t necessarily have to be gay. Just my thoughts.
Then again, if he really loves the OP, he was able to overlook the slip-up in the relationship, in hopes she’d see the error of her ways and come back to him…well, in the intimate sense, anyhow.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.