My interviews for the priesthood start tomorrow

Hi everyone. Tomorrow I begin four days worth of interviews with the vocations director, the vocations panel and then the archbishop. I'm quite nervous about it. What can I expect to happen in these interviews? What are your experiences. Please keep me in your prayers

Christ be with you
Jason

Jason,

It's natural to be nervous, so don't worry about that part.  They'll be interviewing you mainly to make sure you're not some kook, to put it bluntly, and to see if they think you really do have a vocation to the priesthood.  Expect questions like, "Why do you want to become a priest?"  "What do you think would be the hardest part about the priesthood for you?"  Stuff like that.  

Pray before you go, for sure.  Maybe attend Mass, too, beforehand, if you can.  After that, keep in mind that if it is God's will that you become a priest, then He has known this for all eternity, and knows already if you will be accepted, and how everything will turn out.  God, remember, does not live from moment to moment like we do.  He lives in eternity.  He does not "foresee" the future, but "sees" the future as you and I see the current moment.  Therefore, He currently sees your entire life, from beginning to end, all at once.  Your job is to find and follow His will in your life to the best of your ability.  To offer up your sufferings, anxieties, and prayers, for yourself and others.  And in whatever vocation you end up, the very best advice I've ever heard was to always, always come as a servant to others. 

God bless! May God be with you! :)

Good Luck, I will be praying for you. I know you will do Fine :D:thumbsup:

I will keep you in my prayers. God Bless you for following His will.

Good luck and many prayers for you & all those in the priesthood (and those in study for it and also discerning).

Good luck and thank you for your earnestness in discerning. That an 18 year old is thinking about this today buoys me :thumbsup:

Good luck!

Pray to St. Peter and St. Paul for guidance.

:thumbsup:

Good luck my friend! God bless you!

Praying for you! I am sure you will do well. Keep us post!

God Bless You

I'll pray for you, God bless. :)

[quote="jayk15, post:1, topic:264325"]
Hi everyone. Tomorrow I begin four days worth of interviews with the vocations director, the vocations panel and then the archbishop. I'm quite nervous about it. What can I expect to happen in these interviews? What are your experiences. Please keep me in your prayers

Christ be with you
Jason

[/quote]

Good luck and thank you for exploring your call to the Priest hood!

Good luck! I will pray for you!

Like others wrote above, good luck! The world needs more people devoted to the service of others. :thumbsup:

[quote="jayk15, post:1, topic:264325"]

Christ be with you
Jason

[/quote]

May you find courage and strength, Jason, in your discernment of your priestly vocation! Remember, "Fear not, I am with you." Remember to pray. The people interviewing you will be there to help you, not to grill you.

:signofcross::gopray2:

Lord, hear our prayers

I got accepted!!! The interviews was part of a four day vocations workshop. It was a very spiritual and informative few days. My vocation feels extremely strong now. I can't wait to enter seminary next year January/February. Thank you all for your prayers

Christ be with you
Jason

[quote="jayk15, post:16, topic:264325"]
I got accepted!!! The interviews was part of a four day vocations workshop. It was a very spiritual and informative few days. My vocation feels extremely strong now. I can't wait to enter seminary next year January/February. Thank you all for your prayers

Christ be with you
Jason

[/quote]

I am so glad for you!

Praise be the Sacred Heart of Jesus! Forever, Amen!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.