My journey of faith - thanks for prayers everyone!

Some time back I asked for all of your prayers because I was about to make the leap from Anglicanism to the Catholic Church. Most of you probably know that the Anglican church (especially the strains known as “high church” and “Anglo-Catholic”) are very close to Rome in liturgy and belief. What was holding me back was my feelings about the Church’s heirarchy and what was urging me forward was my knowledge that Christ instituted the Church and my dissatisfaction with the rifts in the Anglican church caused by the ordination of a certain bishop.

The upshot of it all is that as the result of a serendipitous meeting with a local priest (the whole story is in my previous thread) I was urged by the Spirit to take the plunge and inquire about involving myself with RCIA, which I’m to begin in September.

I really appreciate everyone’s prayers at that time. My prayer life has been more fulfilling, I’m reading a number of books about the Church and I’ve been buying literature and sacramentals from an online apostolate. I’m doing what I can to “immerse” myself in the doctrines and beliefs of the Church so that when I begin classes I’ll know what I’m about.
:knight1: And every day I try to put on the “whole armour of God,” as St Paul put it.
Keep on praying for me, please - and I’ll keep on returning the favour!

Blessings!
I will keep you in my prayers!

This is great news. Keeping you in my prayers.

:heaven: :harp:

You are in my prayers my friend …
Be firm and take care

May Our Lord bless you and may the Holy Spirit guide you :slight_smile:
I will hold you in my prayers.

Julian,

That’s fantastic news! You’ll be remembered in my daily rosaries, Masses and adorations. Peace!

I will keep you in my prayers.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

Julian, God bless you for your courage and faith. :slight_smile:

I join in prayer that God will continue to guide and to enlighten you.

Warm regards,
Trishie

Julian, this is good news,
I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation resulting in knowledge of him. May the eyes of your heart be enlightened, that you may know what is the hope that belongs to his call, what are the riches of glory in his inheritance among the holy ones, and what is the surpassing greatness of his power for us who believe … Ephesians 1:17-19

still praying for you my friend

Wonderful!

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be;
World without end.

Amen.

still praying

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amoungst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Blessings on your journey.
I’ll say a prayer for you.

welcome home. I’ll join my prayers with all the angels, archangel, saints, and martyrs and pray for you.

continued prayers

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

praying

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.