My Letter to the Kingdom Hall

To Whom It May Concern:

I have had several visits to my home from members of your Church and unfortunately I have either been away or have been on my way out. Saturdays are usually rather hectic days for me.
One of your members left me a small book to read and I have read portions of it. In addition, I have visited the official Jehovah’s Witness web page and have accessed the New World Translation online. Because I am rarely about my house on Saturdays I thought I would take a moment to write.

The booklet has been very thought provoking and although I cannot, in this small letter, address all the questions I have, I would like to deal with one small issue.
In the Revelation of John 7:9-16 we read
After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: “Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb.” And all the angels were standing around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell upon their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying: “Amen! The blessing and the glory and the wisdom and the thanksgiving and the honor and the power and the strength [be] to our God forever and ever. Amen.” And in response one of the elders said to me: “These who are dressed in the white robes, who are they and where did they come from?” So right away I said to him: “My lord, you are the one that knows.” And he said to me: “These are the ones that come out of the great tribulation, and they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. That is why they are before the throne of God; and they are rendering him sacred service day and night in his temple (NWT).

Here we see a numberless multitude (not 144,000) in heaven serving God. Obviously this multitude has received salvation. But how did they receive salvation? By washing their robes in the blood of the Lamb.
It is interesting to note that John received this revelation on the Lord’s day and on the Lord’s day early Christians met to receive the Body and Blood of Jesus in what is commonly called communion. It is through eating the Body and Blood of Jesus, truly not symbolically, that our robes are washed and we are made clean.

In John 6:53-56 we read
“How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him (NWT)

The multitude of those who are saved in heaven that we read about in Revelation are the ones who have eaten the Flesh or our Lord and have drunk His Blood.
Jesus tell us “Remain in union with me, and I in union with YOU. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it remains in the vine, in the same way neither can YOU, unless YOU remain in union with me” (John 15:4 NWT).

How can we remain in Jesus? John 6:56 above gives us the answer: “He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him.”

In light of these truths, I would like to encourage you to consider that the only Church, throughout 2,000 years of history, that has kept the words of Jesus faithfully and practiced all that He taught is the Roman Catholic Church. I know that many people have a preconceived notion of what the Catholic Church is, but much of what people believe about the Catholic Church isn’t Catholic at all.

If you have questions about the Catholic Church, please feel free to write to me, email me

Sincerely

Love it!:slight_smile:

Thank you for this letter!

I received a letter from the Kingdom Hall a couple of weeks ago and have been procrastinating answering it … Your suggestions on how to respond are far better than mine. May I please use them? At least the Bible verses and explanations … the more personal stuff of course I can make relevant to my own situation.

~~ the phoenix

Yes, you may use it. I’ll send you a bill for the royalties later. You can go to the official Watchtower website and find the New World Translation online.

It’s really funny, I grew up the first 20 years of my life living about 5 minutes away from a Kingdom Hall, and only remember the JWs dropping by once…

Good letter. It reminds me of an event, many years ago, when I was visiting my Mom and Dad at their home.

Dad coordinated the K of C information service in the area. The Knights didn’t go door to door, but provided info when asked for it. As we all sat in the living room, the JW’s came to the door. Dad asked them if they could wait just a minute. He went away, and quickly returned with a number of small booklets. He then handed them to the folks at the door, telling them what each one would explain about the teachings of the Church. He also pointed out a phone number they could use if they had questions.

The folks at the door were so taken aback they just wandered off, booklets in hand, with a dazed look on their faces.

Blessings,

Gerry

I think there is something wrong with me, they walk right pass my house.

Or it could be that large Our Lady Of Guadalupe decal I put on my glass storm door in front of the house.:knight1:

Maybe Our Lady scares them away.:knight2:

Great letter.

Well, she has been known to turn aside flood waters. :wink:

To the OP;

That letter is definitely going to blow somebody’s mind. Well done!! :thumbsup:

:slight_smile: It’s good to get stuff like that off your chest isn’t it :wink:

Excellent, but with one exception - the JW’s are most definitely not a “Church”, so I could never address them in that manner. But, :thumbsup:

They’re pretty systematic about their visiting. They have a record of every house and every visit. I can’t get them to come by my place, either. The last time I was able to get them to come in and sit down, I just asked questions about what they believe. Although they seemed quite ignorant (since I was getting them off their sales talk), I believe they were smart enough to perceive that I wasn’t a prospect.

I really think that it’s a numbers game with them: just keep walking and talking and eventually somebody’s going to sign up.

Excellent. :clapping:

Perhaps you could make some copies & have them by your door in case they stop back again. They normally don’t read other “literature” in case you’re an apostate, but if they see it’s addressed to their kingdom hall, they might just get curious.

God Bless you for wanting to share Jesus with them!

that was fabulous…thank you for that…
the last time the JW(s) came to my door they left after 10 minutes of talking with me…apparently they found me horribly frustrating because I answered them with Scripture passages from memory. Since I have never conciously gone out of my way to memorize Holy Scripture I believe it was the Holy Spirit and not me answering them. When they left, they were so angry that the woman turned around in my driveway and screamed 'Don’t you DARE pray for ME!" so loud that her squad leader (or whatever they are) came running out of the car and pulled her away. She even apologized to me.

They have never come back.

That was my rule for dating.

All this gleeful chuckling and high-fiving shows you’ve completely missed the point.

Rather than trying to drive them away from Christ’s church with your “neener neener neerer” attitude (which is pretty puerile, by the way) your object should be to draw them into the Church of salvation.

Aren’t you glad Jesus didn’t give up on you so easily?

I’m not seeing anything like that in the letter - it is very reasoned and reasonable. He is supporting his ideas with Scripture, using the same Bible that they use, and he is speaking very plainly. I don’t see where he has insulted them or called them any kind of names, or anything like that.

IF they even read it all the way through once they figure out what it is.

Yep - I’m the skeptic. :rolleyes:

Very well written letter though!! Who knows, you might get lucky and perhaps cause one person to question why they are there. :thumbsup:

~Liza

All this gleeful chuckling and high-fiving shows you’ve completely missed the point.

Rather than trying to drive them away from Christ’s church with your “neener neener neerer” attitude (which is pretty puerile, by the way) your object should be to draw them into the Church of salvation.

Aren’t you glad Jesus didn’t give up on you so easily?

I don’t see any so called “neener neener” tone in this letter, and the OP is not ‘giving up so easily’ - S/He is writing a letter to the KH because S/He isn’t around when they stop by. By definition that is going out of one’s way.

To the OP - Five will get you ten that they start trying to show up on days other then Saturday! :stuck_out_tongue: I do like the letter though, and pray that it will help somebody.

Because I am not often home on Saturdays (they were coming by quite a bit, I think they thought they had a chance with me because I spoke with one fellow in my driveway) I have a copy of Pillar of Fire Pillar of Truth with a sticker on it that reads “For the Jehovah’s Witnesses.” I leave that on the bench by my door in case they come by.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.