My Life has changed!

Hi there all! I wanted to share my story of how my life has changed in the past 2 months. Back in September, my ex gf broke up with me and I was devastated! For 4 months I tried to get her back by sending her cards, gifts, etc. After Christmas, I decided to start going to daily mass at a local church. I went to the super early mass at 6:30a.m. Yes, I know, i’m 27 years old and I go to that early mass??!! Why not??!! I went for about a week and a half and noticed that everyone in the church kept saying Hail Mary’s and Our Father’s. I was very curious and found out that they were praying the Holy Rosary. So the following weekend, I decided to go to a Christian bookstore and I bought myself a holy rosary and went to the church and got a booklet on how to say the Holy Rosary.
At first, I was very rusty and lost and very overwhelmed, but something told me to pray it. Something told me that I did the right thing by buying my first Holy Rosary. So I decided to pray it every night and learn the mysteries.
It has been almost over a month and I love the Holy Rosary with all my heart and soul! I know the mysteries very well and every time I pray the rosary, I fall more deeply in love with the Virgin Mary and Jesus. My life has changed in so many ways. I take care of myself better. I pray the Holy Rosary twice a day. I read religious books on Mary and Jesus. I visit Catholic bookstores often. I am currently working out in a gym everyday. My life has changed so much for the better. My focus is on God. I truly believe that God was calling me to him by presenting the Holy Rosary. I hope to God that I can pray this Holy Rosary for the rest of my life and when I die on my deathbed, I want these light blue rosaries to be on my hand and to take me to heaven.
For those of you that are nervous or don’t think highly of the Holy Rosary, I beg you from the bottom of my heart to give it a chance because it is so worth it. It has filled the gaps in my life. It has taken sin away from my life. It has made me more holy and my soul desperately seeks Jesus and Mary every morning and every night. I feel so much better when I have this rosary in my life.
Today is Saturday and a typical 27 year old would be watching sports and being a couch potatoe and shopping, etc. But I decided to go to the same church I go to every morning and say the Holy Rosary and I get so much out of it. I feel that connection with Jesus and Mary. I’ve become so appreciative for what I have. I am currently single and pray that God brings me a very holy, Catholic girl into my life. She’s out there, I know! But in the mean time, I don’t feel lonely at all. Because I have Jesus and Mary and God the Father.
I’m sorry this is long, but I wanted to come on here and share my story and hope that this motivates someone to really buy their first Holy Rosary. At first, I didn’t believe in it and thought it was for OLDER people, but now, I wish I had one growing up! Have a great and blessed day!

Sincerely,
                               Stephen

:hmmm: That’s a real nice testimony. :thumbsup: I’m one of those firm believers of the Rosary-one of the surest ways to God’s heart and the surest way to heaven. I like to say the rosary everyday as well-I feel kinda off when I don’t say it.

That’s so great!!! :smiley: thanks for sharing!!

btw, the Rosary is definitely not for older people :slight_smile: I’m 22 and recently I decided to pray the Rosary every day too.

Your story has really encouraged me to keep praying it… cause sometimes it’s difficult for me to get through the whole thing… but I do like it a lot. I’ve noticed my devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary has really grown ever since I started praying the Rosary.

:slight_smile:

God bless!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful story. I hope your love for Jesus and Mary continues to grow.

Good for you for all the positive changes in you and your life!! What a blessing. Sometimes, what we see as devastation (sp?) turns out to be such a life changing expierence. Through heart ache, you found Jesus and Mary, who healed your wounded heart and replaced it with the peace that only He can give. May God continue to bless you as you discover Him and His Church.

Hi Stephen
thx for sharing your wonderful story with us. If you are looking for the right girl you can pray your rosary to our Lady of Fair Love. She’ll help you get the right girl.
do you know when you pray 5 decades you put a crown of roses on our Lady’s head nd when yo pray the whole rosary you put an even more beautiful crown on her. St Louis Demontfort had this revelationi believe. look im up if you haven’t already. The rosary is the prayer par excellence, only exceeded by the mass, and the most popular prayer in the world.
I’m glad you’ve discovered this treasure and hope it continues to bring you many more blessings.
God bless:)

Thanks for sharing your testimony. May you always be drawn closer to God in every way possible.

I believe Mary bought the love of my life to me, 34+ years ago (also after a very painful breakup with a gf). I also believe she helped us have 3 wonderful kids. My favorite prayers, the Memorare and the prayer on the Miraculous Medal.

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful story :smiley:

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for sharing your devotion with all of us. The rosary prayer is awesome.

There is always something good out of difficult situation. If it is God’s will, you will find the girl for your life…and who knows…God might be calling you to consecrated life – keep this in mind. :slight_smile:

God bless!

Thank you for telling me your experience.

I want to pray the Rosary everyday, but I have had some kind of mental block. Sadly, I have the trouble to concentrate during the prayer. I usually have a guilt and irate feeling after I have prayed the Rosary, because I feel that I have not prayed well enough and it seems to me that my praying the Rosary is futile. It feel that Jesus and the Holy Mother seem to be displeased with me. Maybe I’m a perfectionist. I get miserable. That’s how I feel. So I’m reluctant to pray the Rosary.

Shall I “force” myself to pray the Rosary or wait until I get the “mood” to pray?

Dont give up on the Rosary! I too went through more or less what you are explaining. If you connot manage the full Rosary, just say a Hail May and Glory be to begin, and then when you feel more relaxed ( try and find a place where you feel at peace.It may be out walking, driving, Church, in your room ) add to that and gradullly you will get. there :slight_smile: God and Our Blessed Lady may be working in your soul, so you find it difficult now, but ask Our Lady for peace with her Rosary and she will NOT refuse you! She longs for you to say the Rosary and She will give you so many blessings to help you and when you get ther you will find such joy. I know !! I shall remember you in my Rosary to-night :slight_smile: :thumbsup:
Jesus Mary and Joseph pray for us

STEPHEN…as I read your little bio, I felt a great overwhelming happiness for you. One day you will find that perfect woman for you who will share that love of God Jesus and the HOLY Mother as you do. I am very loyal to our mother, when i was 18 I watched a documentary on the apperitions of Our Blessed Mother. When we were done watching I had this overwhelming senstaion inside me, a burning sensation. I fell to my knees and started to pray and I cried for a whole hour, I couldnt stop, I kept saying Im sorry over and over. My mother was scared and she cried with me. I was told I was physically touched by the Mother herself and the holy spirit. I smelled roses after that…i was the only one that smelled it.

One day, whent the time is right for my girls (ages 11, 10, 8 and 6) I hope my girls find someone as good and reverant to Our Mother as you are. I hope they find GOOD CATHOLIC MEN, like you. GOD BLESS AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK…

Stephen… AWESOME! Thank you so much, for sharing your devotion to Our Lord, His Holy Mother… and the most Holy Rosary. Your faith and your love for God… have touched many hearts, already.

I pray that God will soon give you the knowledge, about His Will for your future. God bless. You are in my prayers. :gopray:

Thanks for this info. I’ve been trying to pray the Rosary every day, but I didn’t make it yesterday. It’s a busy day for me, and at the end of the day I was just too tired. I sure hope Mary is working in my soul, somebody needs to :o

Why you sound like an awesome catch for a young Catholic girl :smiley: Too bad I’m married with children and 10 years older than ya!

okay, excuse me … but I really love to hear about men’s devotion to our Blessed Mother … I think it’s wonderful!

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for sharing!!! :thumbsup:
God Bless you!

Thank you very much for your prayers and encouragement. Maybe I think it’s best that I pray the Rosary with good intentions no matter how I think or feel.

Hi,

thank you very much for your post. I am going through a similar situation but I am married. It seems my husband do not understand the lifetime commitment. Your words gave me hope because I complain a lot about what happened to me. God bless you and thanks again!

There are a couple of books out there that are Scriptural Rosaries, they have a meditation for each Hail Mary, it helps keep you focused. God Bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.