My marriage needs some prayers, mine don't seem to be enough

Every weekend has been the same for the past four or five weeks. Saturday, we fight. Sunday, hopefully things are a little smoother. We don’t see each other all week, and repeat. It’s the week-long version of the movie groundhogs day.

Today was one of our worst. We’d been bickering all morning when he decided to tell me how bad my son had behaved for him all week while I was at work in the evenings, and my son pipes up (he’s 10) “he called me an *** again”. He has a habit of calling my son a smart *** or whine ***, and I get really upset by this and have been putting my foot down. So he says, “it’s not a swearword they say it on TV”.

TO which my brain exploded, and I said in sheer mock terror “TV makes things OKAY around here? they have orgies on tv!!!” He knew he was in hot water now…trying to back out he said “it’s part of a donkey…”

Still upset about the whole TV comment…“Uh’huh. So, when you tell me I have a nice ***, you’re talking about a donkey? I’m confused. I thought you were complimenting me. Now you’re telling me you meant I look like a donkey?!!” Defeated, he gave up and actually smiled, and I did too.

This is the condensed version of a very long day during which he actually told me he should put me through a wall. He’s never threatened nor hurt me in seven years together, so please pray for my dear sweet husband to seek whatever help he needs for whatever it is that’s eating at him. Please pray for peace in my family, and for God to enlighten my husband and bring him home to the Church to learn God’s will and God’s way.

I will pray for your family. :signofcross:

Jesus this family is under a lot of stress from work separation and unresolved issues. Please flood these two and their boy with Your healing and uniting love.

Help them to persevere in showing each other little acts of respect and mutual consideration, little kindnesses of word and act, even though both may have many stresses. Please let them communicate all they need to of their issues and needs in respectful, mutual discussion.

Jesus, help them to make their marriage truly strong and happy.

:amen:

Father,
You teach us the perfect example of Love by the Love Your share with Your Son Jesus Christ, a Love which is so strong that it becomes a person, Your Holy Spirit!

You gave us the perfect human example of Your Love in the Holy Family. Please let this family experience this Love which You have proven to us is capable for human beings to share and experience with one another. Help them to remember that anger is murder in the heart.

They are Your children and need Your help to love with Your Love and live the life You desire of them. Please lead them to this which only You can provide. Please help her husband fall in love with Your Truth and the Truth of the Church given to us by Jesus.

Mother Mary, please pray for this family!
Saints Joseph, please pray for this family!
Lord Jesus Christ, please be merciful with Your prayers for this family!
All Angels and All Saints, please pray for this family!

Amen, Amen!
+

Thank you all. Today has been calmer so far. Your prayers are appreciated.

jesus please bring peace and love and healing to this family and this marriage, please le tthe husband and wife work together and recognize that children will divide in order to get their way and not always is it right to fight over the disciplining of the child especially if the child can see the results and learn how to maniplulate.

May a week of peace be followed by a weekend of love and may they plan time for each other instead of allowing problems of the world to seperate them, amen

Praying for you and your family Tam. These are indeed stressful days for many. Will pray that your family is filled with peace and kindness. Take Care…

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Thank you all, your prayers mean very much to me. Yesterday for the first time he actually tried to watch his language!

Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art thou among woman and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God pray of us sinners now and at the hour of our death.

Amen

Praying very hard for your family!

Praying for you and your family

Prayers for your family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.