My Marriage

My marriage needs prayers. My husband and I are struggling right now, he struggles to not be a workaholic and I’m struggling to stay with him after almost 8 years of hearing him say “give me a chance, I’m getting better.”

He frequently works long hours (when big projects come up he’s at the office until 2:30am) and when he’s not at work he’s thinking of work or stewing about something that happened at work. He just can’t shut it off. Our down time is haunted by work, he’s detached because he’s focusing on what he should be doing at work, we haven’t had a vacation in years because he won’t schedule time off.

I’m Catholic and I know God will get us through this but right now my heart is torn and I’m tired of fighting to have him home with us physically and mentally.

*Also, if you could please pray for our children too. They have been hearing a lot of arguing between us lately.

Please, please pray for us. We need help.

Hail Mary Full of Grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed art thou among women
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for you.
grandma glor

Praying.

God bless,
Ut

+JMJTJ+

You and your husband will be in my prayers for your healing and strength in this trial.

My husband behaved like this and suffered a complete stress-breakdown from which he has never recovered.

Heavenly Father please help this man to realise that he most likely has a psychological problem that causes him to be an extreme workaholic and that it’s not just the reasons he think it is, that causes him to work like this without true consideration for his wife and his family. Father help him to understand that while he continues to make his life focus on work, with the exclusion of recreation and vacation and time given to his family, he is endangering his heath and future, and his marriage.

Heavenly Father, please help this man to get his priorites right. Father, I ask in Jesus’ name to save this man and his marriage,
bringing peace and mutual consideration and love that blesses this whole family. Please help these worried children and don’t let them be damaged or scarred by dangerous example or parental discord.

Hail Mary full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying, ANnem

Praying. :crossrc:

Thank you everyone.

I’m praying for you and your husband. Prayers also going up for the kids.

closed #12

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.